Join now - be part of our community!

Annoying Buzzing Sound

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
GrumpyFifer
New

Annoying Buzzing Sound

I've just replaced my 10 year old Panasonic plasma with a  Sony Bravia 49WE753 LED HDR Full HD 1080p Smart TV. Every time I pause a recording from my Sky+ HD box, the tv makes a loud buzzing noise. It also happens when I switch my Sky box on. Didn't have this problem with my plasma. I've replaced the HDMI lead, but no change.

Anybody got any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
GrumpyFifer
New

At last, I think I have solved the problem. After making all the suggested changes to the tv settings & replacing the HDMI cable with a brand new gold plated cable, the buzzing continued. Then I discovered that the problem only occurred when I watched HD recordings from my Sky box. Changed the Optical & HDMI sound settings on the Sky box from 'Dolby' to 'Standard'. Seems to have sorted the problem.

Sent from my iPad

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi there,

It could be an issue with your cables - using higher quality cables may get rid of the buzzing sound.  Have you tried this already, seeing as you mentioned that you already replaced the HDMI lead?

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
GrumpyFifer
New

At last, I think I have solved the problem. After making all the suggested changes to the tv settings & replacing the HDMI cable with a brand new gold plated cable, the buzzing continued. Then I discovered that the problem only occurred when I watched HD recordings from my Sky box. Changed the Optical & HDMI sound settings on the Sky box from 'Dolby' to 'Standard'. Seems to have sorted the problem.

Sent from my iPad