Join now - be part of our community!

blank screen KDL-43W756C

profile.country.GB.title
sp.goulceby
Explorer

blank screen KDL-43W756C

Problem with a blank screen at start up.   Not able to select TV or You tube.    The android logo comes on screen and then nothing.     

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Please proceed with the instructions explained on this video:

profile.country.GB.title
sp.goulceby
Explorer

Have tried this solution today.  Got as far as the green light then the screen goes blank.   We then got to the reset part.  Answered all the questions until we got to digital tv set up then it just turned off again - blank screen!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Sorry to hear that the screen went blank again after the Factory Data Reset during the setup. I presume blank as black meaning it seems to be off. Now that it is more clear as to when and what is occurring, I’m afraid that the cause is a hardware malfunctioning. The suggestion is to contact Sony Customer Support and describe for them in as much detail as possible the issue and the steps you have taken so far to correct it.

Just as small footnote, would it be possible for you to execute again the Forced Factory Reset process but this time without ANY CABLE except the mains connected to it. Just to rule out the slightest chance that it could be due to some faulty device/accessory connected to the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
sp.goulceby
Explorer

Thanks - we have tried that.  The sound was breaking up and we still got a blank/black screen.  I think it is destined for the scrap heap!    Will be trying a different brand this time.   Thank you for your help and response.