Join now - be part of our community!

Default to Netflix after turning on possible?

profile.country.US.title
meny__

Default to Netflix after turning on possible?

Please. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

If you are on the YouView side of this set, it will default to TV when turned on, and you cannot change this.

If you exit YouView to the Freeview side of this set, you can default the input it turns on with - TV, Satellite, or one of the HDMI inputs.

But you cannot default it to Netflix, short of leaving Netflix constantly live, on a further device connected to an HDMI port that you default to.

Otherwise, it’s always going to be that arduous extra press of the dedicated Netflix  button :slight_frown:

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.US.title
meny__

Thank you for responding. I don’t know what you mean by youview, but anyway, currently it defaults to hdmi 2 which is AppleTV in my case and i would like it to default to something else, like general satellite TV, or just nothing(!), because it 1)takes longer to start 2)turns on other devices, like appletv.

I have removed sambatv and tons of stuff, will probably continue removing, because the tv reacted slow as crazy. took 5 seconds for a key press to register, I’m not kidding. i have nothing except KODI installed, because SONy’s video app is pretty unusable with folders on external HDD, though i’m not sure if the quality of picture wasn’t better from the sony’s video app.

thanks much!
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

I should probably have asked you which TV you have; if you don’t know about YouView, it is probably not an Android set, and you ought strictly to be asking under TV & Home Cinema/Other TVs.

But the Sony Mods don’t seem to care about this as much as when Quinnicus was running this forum :clown:

If it is an Android set, though, and not on the YouView side of things, then you can change what the TV key on the remote brings up:-

Home/Settings/External Inputs/Customise TV Key

so you could at least avoid this bringing up the Apple TV.

Even if it’s not an Android set though, you may find something similar in a similar place in your Settings,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.US.title
meny__

Wow,  ever heard of the YouView.... please advise what all I can remove to make tv faster. Response time is not for this century!

here is my baby, that’s what I have :wink: //attached imageD012C429-BB4D-495E-B526-9E96915827CC.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

OK, that’s an Android set, so you are in the right part of this forum.

Trouble is, based on that Stars and Stripes and your non-UK model variant 8577, you are in the wrong forum :tongue: as this is the EU/UK forum, and you need the US one, as your TVs are a bit different from ours.

e.g. They don’t have YouView, which is a UK-only thing and why you have never heard of it, for a start...

But the recipe I gave you above to change what the TV button does should still work.

However, I do suggest that you seek out the US Sony forum, to reach the people best placed to help with a US model TV.

Good luck!

profile.country.US.title
meny__

Thank you! I will try out the setting and also, correct the US stripes thingy... I am in Austria, TV set was purchased in Slovakia. Actually the set must be for Slovak market, since the Austrians I meet usually get their NETFLIX button in place of my TV button. :slight_smile: