Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI ports detect items but won’t show any video

profile.country.GB.title
RPG177
New

HDMI ports detect items but won’t show any video

My KD-65XD8599 HDMI ports stopped working around 2 months ago However it still plays audio out through a hdmi port to the sound system I have also it will detect and say there is a PlayStation connected next to the name of the hdmi port but says no signal 

I have exhausted every peice of information I can find swapped cables tried the devices on different TVs started up in different orders the only thing I am unable to try is updating to current software supposedly just released , I try to manually update and it says there is no update then tried the usb option and each time it says it can’t update from this usb device I’ve tried 4 different stick all different capacities and formats and download on to them from different computers .... still no joy .

Im really loosing faith with the Sony brand of tvs I had an LG previous to this both bought this year (Sony was old stock) but chose to keep the Sony as I’d always had them .... wow do I regret that now 

any help would really be appreciated I will contact Sony support tomorrow but trying to avoid the whole have you tried turning it off and on again ( which I have) 

many thanks 

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi RPG177,

Welcome to the community. 

It might be worth performing a reset or a Factory Data Reset on your KD-65XD8599. Do let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
RPG177
New

Hi pascale

thats one of the things I’ve tried with no joy thanks for the input though