Join now - be part of our community!

Dolby Vision Sony A1 picture going dark

profile.country.GB.title
Tortoiseken

Dolby Vision Sony A1 picture going dark

I have a Sony a 155 inch Oled tv since the update my television has been unwatchable because the picture is so dark when Streaming or a dvd that has Dolby Vision makes my TV screen go dark it’s terrible it also happens with my Apple TV and my DVD player which is a Sony X 800 lots of people have got this problem and certainly don’t seem to be doing anything about it I want if it’s possible to join some sort of group to contact Sony and see

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there, you can contact Sony using the details here: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact?pdp=wh-1000xm4&cat=headphones-wireless-headphones&...

If you want us to help we can, I need more details other than that the picture is dark, what about brightness settings for example? If you can add more details maybe I can help. 

profile.country.GB.title
Tortoiseken

Hi despite having an update recently, my picture on my Sony, oled is still dark When watching Dolby Vision, Please Sony can you help me tried everything disappointed Sony owner

profile.country.GB.title
Tortoiseken

Is there anybody else who have got this problem? Regarding Dolby Vision data picture please reply

profile.country.GB.title
Tortoiseken

Is there anybody else who have got this problem? With regards to Dolby Vision dark picture? Thank you Ken

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As far as I remember on that TV in Dolby vision you may only play with black level (I am not sure either of the original English wording for it) a little to brighten the image (I don't remember if going up or down 1 or 2 points from the standard 50 value)