Join now - be part of our community!

EU / Ireland Firmware for Android TVs

chrgray

EU / Ireland Firmware for Android TVs

I see there's another new firmware version released for Android TVs - v3.169.  I've now switched to using this instead of the UK firmware as it seems to be fixing problems that I've reported here.

Obivously you lose Youview functionality, but that's not important to me.

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kd-4Kmodels-firmware-update-v3169-eub...

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have installed the irish fw.  Im wondering if you can confirm or deny if you are experiencing an issue that @Risc0n reported in this post:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kdl-55x850c-what-will-i-lose-if-i-install-eu-firmware/m-...

"However they have broken the auto picture mode, so now it gets stuck in whatever mode it auto switches too! Even if you turn off auto mode, choose standard then turn auto back on it switches back to game mode for example."

Cheers

chrgray

Sorry, I have Auto Picture Mode turned Off, and not sure how I would test it getting stuck in Game mode.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@chrgray wrote:

Sorry, I have Auto Picture Mode turned Off, and not sure how I would test it getting stuck in Game mode.

All you need to do is turn it on, then have bravia sync enabled. If you have a PS4 or Sony blu ray you should see the issue.

Tarzion

Yes I am facing this issue..

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Tarzion wrote:

Yes I am facing this issue..

Thanks for confirming! 

@Anonymous can this now be submitted as official bug please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tarzion

What country are you from?  And what model and firmware version is your TV?

Cheers

Tarzion

I am from the UK and my model is 65X9005C.

I have got another major issue now. The screen remains blank and I cannot do anything.

I have to power off the TV at the mains a few times before I get any picture on the screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

@Risc0n - still waiting for someone to report this from a non-uk country :wink: