Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KD65X9005C - Help

Tarzion

SONY BRAVIA KD65X9005C - Help

I bought the SONY BRAVIA KD65X9005C last Saturday and I am fairly pleased with it.

But there are a few issues, which are driving me mental.

1. The home screen is very bright and there seems to be no option to set the brightness.
  2. The brightness settting seems to have a life of it's own. Yesterday evening I set the dimming setting  to ON and today morning the setting it was OFF and the screen looked very bright.
  3. After watching a 3D movie the screen remains very bright. The only solution is to change the sources and back again.
  4. I keep losing the Auto 24p setting every time I change the picture mode from Standard to anything else and when I set it back to the Standard mode.
  5. I cannot scan any other satellites other than 28.2 and even 28.2 doesn't work all the time.
  6. There is a lot of crosstalk when watching Blu-ray 3D movies and I have tried changing the various settings with no luck. Atm I have no tried using the glasses upside down and am still using the theatre provided Real3D glasses.
  7. Sky HD looks very soft and washed out. I have disabled all settings for that HDMI input.
6 REPLIES 6
Tarzion

Any one?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It seems like your tv is in Shop mode.... try to check it and switch back to home installation. If you cannot find it I'd suggest a factory reset and redoing all the setting....

Tarzion

Does the Shop Mode allow one to do everything in the home mode?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In shop (or Demo) mode you can do everything you want but then the TV set back to the original setting...and by default is very very bright

Tarzion

I updated to the latest IE firmware and now I have got the dreaded blank screen issue. I can't use my TV at all.

I didn't have issues with the previous 2645 firmware.

My model is 65X9005C.

Tarzion

Found a way to overcome the blank screen issue.

When I use the remote to put the TV on standby mode and switch it on using the remote, the screen stays blank even after a restart.

To overcome this problem, I have to either switch off the TV via the mains while it's on or put the TV on standby using the remote and then power off via the mains.

Then when I switch it the TV on, the screen doesn't show me any blank screen.