Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI-ARC issues with Sony bravia TV (KDL43W807CSU) and Philips soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
Thisisfrustrating
Explorer

HDMI-ARC issues with Sony bravia TV (KDL43W807CSU) and Philips soundbar

Purchased Sony Android Tv 3 weeks ago. Set up as per instructions and linked to my Panasonic soundbar via high speed HDMI cable the HDMI ARC. Everything worked fine for a couple of days then the TV would not recognise the Soundbar. The only way I could get it to work was to unplug he power to the soundbar, wait a couple of minutes plug in again and the TV then recongnised it. Worked for a couple of days then the problem reappeared. Have spoken to Sony support and they did a remote take over of the TV to check/alter the setting which did not solve the problem

to date  i have carried out following actions

- replaced hdmi cable ( 3 times!)

- upgraded firmware with new level sent to me by sony support

- tested sondbar on my other (LG) tv and it works with no problems

the issue is now with th Sony software team and I’m told they will repond withing next 48 hours. In the meantime has anyone else had his intermittent problem and found a solution!

thanks

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

HDMI-ARC is a garbage standard with every manufacturer having a different catch on it with more or less issues. Sony's implementation is really bad. Have had a fair share of issues with it too. Sony of course blames others. Like they always do.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Thisisfrustrating ha scritto:

No cable management other than replace HDMI cable three times. No other devices conected direct to soundbar. Only other device conected to TV is a skyHD box

Try just disconnecting the SkyHD box and check if the soundbar works fine without it...

profile.country.GB.title
Thisisfrustrating
Explorer

Have left it a couple of weeks before replying as have been trying different things. It appears that if I switch on the TV, wait 5 seconds then switch on the sky box the TV recognises the sound bar and plays through it. Swiching on sky box first then tv causes problems with the sound bar. So far solution seems to work

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Very good to hear that you followed through and found that the SkyBox was interfering with the Sony Bravia Sync signal. Also thanks for taking time and posting back and keeping us up to date.

If I may ask, do you use the Sony Bravia Sync function to control your SkyBox in order to zap channels for example? If you do, then the solution you have found, is indeed the best solution. As you keep this way the ONE remote functionality in controlling both the SB and SkyBox with your TV remote.

But if you you don't use that function, meaning you prefer to use the SkyBox Remote as it gives more control. Then you might be interested in this small adapter which you can plug at either end of the HDMI cable between the SkyBox and your TV. https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female-Black/dp/B00DL48KVI

The adapter blocks the CEC signal on the HDMI cable from the SkyBox to your TV and therefore, would be a permanent fix for your issue without needing to worry to turn them on in sequence.

Hope that we were able to help you in one way or another to get around the issues, and finally enjoy your new TV.