Join now - be part of our community!

Info button stopped working on Netflix (65X8509C)

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
Hubbenorlen
Explorer

Info button stopped working on Netflix (65X8509C)

I often use the info button (i+) on my remote to be able to see the resolution of the Netflix programs I'm watching. This weekend it worked, but today when I pressed it nothing happened.

I have the 65X850C, anyone else here with the same model who has the same problem?

Or maybe it's just a bug in my tv?

I'd rather not do a factory reset if it's not necessary, so any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Guys just gone into Netflix this morning London, UK time and it's fixed!!! 

In fact you press the ''info'' button now and Netflix have gone one step futher they give you how much bandwidth the current program uses and streaming rate awesome. 

I have a Sony KD-43X8307 2015 recently upgraded firmware to Marshmellow 6.01 or I'm one of the ones that it's work realy well on with hardly any issues... So check yours now!!!! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It actually stopped working quite some time ago already. Have it in my bug list, see here.

profile.country.SE.title
Hubbenorlen
Explorer

Yes I know that some people have had this problem for quite some time.

However, for me it has always worked, until now.

Is there somewhere I can see version history, like when the app has been updated?

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Guys just gone into Netflix this morning London, UK time and it's fixed!!! 

In fact you press the ''info'' button now and Netflix have gone one step futher they give you how much bandwidth the current program uses and streaming rate awesome. 

I have a Sony KD-43X8307 2015 recently upgraded firmware to Marshmellow 6.01 or I'm one of the ones that it's work realy well on with hardly any issues... So check yours now!!!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just adding a link to the main thread for Netflix Info button:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/neftlix-info-button/m-p/2265640

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I can confirm info button working again, but I can't understand why. I got absolutely no update, neither by Sony nor Netflix through the Play Store (app was and still is 3.3.2.1530) as I disabled any automatic updating. How is this voodoo possible?

profile.country.SE.title
Hubbenorlen
Explorer

Just noticed that myself, very nice!

They must have disabled it to add the mbit/s function.