Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55AF9 does not communicate with Bose 500 Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
Dug5y01
Explorer

KD-55AF9 does not communicate with Bose 500 Soundbar

I recently purchased the KD-55AF9 model along with UBP-X800 and a Bose 500 Soundbar.  All are controlled by a Sky Q Remote.  This was used to switch on and off all of the devices.

All worked well for a couple of months but in the last few weeks I've had an issue where switching on the TV no longer switches on the Soundbar, despite them being connected by an ARC HDMI.  I keep getting messages on screen that the TV has switched to TV Speakers because of a Communications Failure with the Soundbar.  I have to switch on the Soundbar manually with the Bose Remote Control which isn't ideal.

I've unplugged all components and disconnected the HDMI leads and even reset the TV and the Soundbar with  success only for that moment before losing connection if the units are switched off for a time.  I've checked that Bravia Sync is enabled and that CEC is selected on the Soundbar.  As recently as last night I re-synced all connections so that the Soundbar was listed in the Bravia Sync Devices List (it had disappeared) but again, whilst it all worked perfectly last night, when switching on the TV this morning the Soundbar refused to switch on.

At my wits end.  Can anybody suggest a fix?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

try disconnecting the Sky decoder to see if it affect that CEC communication. In case it fix it, think about buying a CECless adapter for the decoder

profile.country.GB.title
Dug5y01
Explorer

Sorry.  This isn't a solution as Sky Decoders have nothing to do with a Sky Q Satellite Box (and remote) sold in the UK.  Still having the same problem re the TV not switching on the soundbar on start-up.  Occasionally now have an issue where the Sky Q Box itself (connected by high speed HDMI) isn't recognised by the TV on start-up even though it is on - this is usually fixed by having to switch off the TV and Sky Q and trying again.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is your call. However keep in mind that your skyq box may affect the whole hdmicec behaviour of your setup.