Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD9305 won't turn on - can anyone please help?

profile.country.GB.title
bmb7jiw
Explorer

KD-55XD9305 won't turn on - can anyone please help?

We bought a KD-55XD9305 about 6 months ago. Tonight it is doing nothing when we try to turn it on using the remote. No lights flashing, nothing, it's like the TV is completely dead. This happened once before and following the troubleshooting instructions in the manual I turned it off at the mains and on again and this resolved the issue. Tonight we have turned off and on at the mains, checked the wires into the back of the TV, tried the on/off switch on the TV itself, and have changed the batteries in the remote. Still nothing at all happening. Attached sound bar turns on and off no problem.

Can anyone please advise or help? Many thanks. 

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @bmb7jiw

Does your TV have an external Power Adapter ?

If so, try removing both 220V AC adapter from wall and 24V DC adapter from TV.

Wait for 1 minute and replug both of them.

If not solved call Sony Support for a Technician in your area

profile.country.GB.title
warburd1
Explorer

Me too, March 2016

profile.country.GB.title
warburd1
Explorer

Me too!

profile.country.GB.title
bmb7jiw
Explorer

Mine had to go back to the dealer for repair. Sony ended up replacing it with a new one....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive moved this thread to the Android TV board and linking to this main 'master' thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/xd9305-loss-of-all-power/td-p/2266186

profile.country.GB.title
warburd1
Explorer

Thanks for the response this gives me some hope. Have had to wait 6 days for the engineer visit, they are coming on Tuesday.

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

I bought this TV from currys pc world in oct 16 and 3 weeks out of the box it failed i.e. Nothing tried would get it to turn on. I rang currys pc world who in hindsite should have replaced it but I was pushed to Sony as the TV came with a 5 year guarantee. The TV was returned to RRC in Birmingham who returned it working but with damage to frame and stand. Eventually Sony replaced the TV in December and now in April 2017 the new set has the same error. It's going back to RRC tomorrow and I await its 'safe' return. The PCB is at fault and Sony say it's 2% fail rate and will not recall the product. I have had 2 sets both with this issue.....in my opinion it's a 100% fail rate ? Any further issues and I will demand full refund plus costs and give Samsung a go as I can't fault the set I have had to buy so that I can watch something whilst trying to get Sony support in Egypt to understand the problems and RRC in Birmingham to collect/repair/return the set. 

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

My KD-65XD9305 will not power on. had it just under a year literally.. what can I do?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi :slight_smile:

If you have tried the suggestions in this thread then I'm afraid

the only option is  call Sony Support on +44 (0) 2073652810

(especially if its still in warranty :wink: )