Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C issues, please help

KD-55X8509C issues, please help

I took the plunge and left Samsung for this highly rated tv,

KD-55X8509C

and boy am I regretting it.  I've owned it for 2 months, software updated it immediately and here are my issues

1- Slow!!, tv guide is rediculously slow, Youview is better

2- I can't pause and record (this is probably my own fault for not doing something correctly but I can't do it, any help?)

3- Sometimes it won't switch off, it will keep running until I either turn it back on or switch off from the plug, very frustrating as my socket is too neatly tucked away!!!

4- I can't seem to be able to watch freesat (same as 2, probably doing something wrong here......)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, no help will probably see me flog it and go back to Samsung!

Superb picture quality btw, just very frustrating

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

HDD recording does not work as yet, Also I think  Sony stated it would disable HDD when using Youview

Thanks for the info, I can't help feeling a little done over on this. I got rid of my sky box and bought this to use hdd! To find out that it'll never work is an absolute joke to be honest, what's the point in having it? It also seems that I can't escape YouView unless I use an app Adam
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is a Freeview TV and not Freesat.  You can disable YouView in order to use the tvs inbuilt Satellite tuner - but it is only a basic EPG.

More information is:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499

Cheers

Excellent, thank you for your help Adam
profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

Yes , I agree no more Sony equipment here .