Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF9005 black screen and Red LED flashing

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
egis.t
Explorer

KD-55XF9005 black screen and Red LED flashing

Hi, Basically I watched TV and it just died on me. The sound was still there, but the screen went black and LED was flashing in RED 4 times. After a wile sound gone is well. I tried soft, hard and forced reset and nothing. In the first few minutes after every reset its ok and then screen goes black again and red LED flashes 4 times. It is no matter what I watching, TV, Freeview or Blue Ray. I even disconnect all HDMI cables and switched positions and still same. Probably did it 15 times today. The last time after reset could not even set up TV. Manage to reach position where you choosing country and TV went dead on me again. HELP! HELP! HELP! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

A flashing red LED is not a very good sign.

Is your TV still under warranty?

If so schedule a repair.

If not the repair may be too costly to justify.

Maybe time for a new TV.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00145302

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

A flashing red LED is not a very good sign.

Is your TV still under warranty?

If so schedule a repair.

If not the repair may be too costly to justify.

Maybe time for a new TV.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00145302

profile.country.GB.title
egis.t
Explorer

Thank you for your time and advise. I did had a feeling that red flashing LED is not a good sign. Fortunately TV still under warranty till December '23. Should I get in touch straight witn Sony or Richersounds, this were I bought the TV. 

And once again, thank you very much! 

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Richer Sounds would have given you a 6 year warranty with your TV so get in touch with them,

hopefully they can arrange a home visit.

profile.country.GB.title
egis.t
Explorer

Stupid me 😁, apparently my 5 years warranty expires on 26 of December 😊😊😊. Still did get in touch with Richer Sounds. They put me straight to Sony support team. Provided them with all the details and waiting for them decision. They will get back to me tomorrow with the solution. 🤞

Once again thank you for your help and advice, really appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey egis.t, Sony's maximum warranty is also 5 years sadley, but let us know how it goes. 

profile.country.GB.title
egis.t
Explorer

That I new when I bought it. Just took me a while to figure it out that I still under warranty. But because I bought it in RicherSounds they giving 1 more extra year. In total 6 year's, 5 by Sony and 1 by Richersounds. 

Anyway, got in touch with the Sony and they looking for suitable alternative, which means I getting new TV! 😁. They will get in touch with me in next few days to let me know what model they giving me. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @egis.t, brilliant! I'm glad to know your TV is still covered under extended warranty. Hopefully it will be sorted out very soon! 

profile.country.GB.title
egis.t
Explorer

On 7/11/23 got delivered my new XR-55X90L. Happy days!!!!!!!!!

Amazing picture quality! 

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Gad you got your replacement TV.

Is it a new TV or a refurbished TV.

And what warranty did you get with it?