Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF9005 black screen and Red LED flashing

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
egis.t
Explorer

KD-55XF9005 black screen and Red LED flashing

Hi, Basically I watched TV and it just died on me. The sound was still there, but the screen went black and LED was flashing in RED 4 times. After a wile sound gone is well. I tried soft, hard and forced reset and nothing. In the first few minutes after every reset its ok and then screen goes black again and red LED flashes 4 times. It is no matter what I watching, TV, Freeview or Blue Ray. I even disconnect all HDMI cables and switched positions and still same. Probably did it 15 times today. The last time after reset could not even set up TV. Manage to reach position where you choosing country and TV went dead on me again. HELP! HELP! HELP! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
egis.t
Explorer

Glad you ask. 

Got brand new TV, but with warranty funny business. Before the replacement I been told by Sony, that new TV will be with 5 years warranty, plus whatever is left from old broken TV.

Yesterday I went on to Sony to register TV and left the comment here how happy I was. Then I was like let's check the warranty, and to my shock I see that new TV warranty is until 02/02/2024!!! Something not right, have to call Sony to get explanation.