Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XH9005 - Subtitles defaulting to On

profile.country.GB.title
Umaguma64
Explorer

KD-55XH9005 - Subtitles defaulting to On

Hi,

Recently purchased a KD-55XH9005 and overall please with the TV, however there is 1 annoying issue that if i can resolve will result in me returning the TV.

The issue is the Subtitles always defaulting to on for 1 channel only, the setting is turned off and is fine with all other channels.

The 1 channel causing an issue is BBC One HD on Freesat, anybody have any ideas as to how turn this off?

Thanks in advance

31 REPLIES 31

Same problem. I just recommended this TV to my folks and they are getting subtitles defaulting on BBC One HD also.

Has been really annoying especially during the Euros!

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Hello Piscie New

What particular piece of software are you suggesting to update?

I imagine many/most have software updates happen automatically and so there is nothing the end-user ought do.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hey folks, if all of you have the same issue with one channel, i would recommend to report this issue to the Sony reps as this may speed up the fixation.

Most likely this is a software bug.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Hopefully I am not the only one to have reported this problem to Sony. Plus, as it seems to be limited to my Freesat broadcast I have reported this to Freesat as well.

Maybe the sceptic in me is resurfacing once again with this TV, as I have little confidence something will actually happen. 

Piscie
Community Team

Have you made sure that your software is up to date which is v6.0466? You can find it here: https://bit.ly/3zFTsvQ

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Has anybody solved this problem?

Sony response  (hats off to them for being quick) was the expected routine (reboot, update s/w, factory reset, retune, turn off subtitles etc, etc) that, if applicable, I do not expect will solve the problem. My TV (model A85) has been using the latest software version since Feb/Mar just fine and nothing has been altered other than channel changes (don't break what's already fixed).  And if only they understood the time and effort it takes to retune this TV with only a satellite connection.  

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey room_101, your TV isn't one of the Freesat certified TVs I'm afraid, so I don't think there is much that Sony can do other than offering the normal steps. What about FreeSat? Did you hear from them?

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

So why is it that I am able to setup and use Freesat from the TV's menu system and yet that capability is not supported by Sony?     Absolutrely pointless... 

I think these newer Sony Android Tv's need to come with a hazard warning.   

As for Freesat, I did hear back asking about the problem but heard nothing since. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey room_101, being not certified doesn't mean you won't be able to get the service, it only means it's not guaranteed to work so mainly a matter of luck.

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

So, expecting  a 9 month old Sony Android TV and expecting it to work like it should is "a matter of luck" ..

That about sums it up.

Sony will never see my money again.