Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XH9005 - Subtitles defaulting to On

profile.country.GB.title
Umaguma64
Explorer

KD-55XH9005 - Subtitles defaulting to On

Hi,

Recently purchased a KD-55XH9005 and overall please with the TV, however there is 1 annoying issue that if i can resolve will result in me returning the TV.

The issue is the Subtitles always defaulting to on for 1 channel only, the setting is turned off and is fine with all other channels.

The 1 channel causing an issue is BBC One HD on Freesat, anybody have any ideas as to how turn this off?

Thanks in advance

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi room_101, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was saying that it should provide channels. Other than this isn't guaranteed.

profile.country.GB.title
KeithX
Explorer

I'm having the exact-same issue with my Bravia KD-55XH8196 on Freesat, except in my case it happens only with the BBC News (HD) channel (200).  As with everyone else, this only began happening a few days ago - had never been any issue before, and it is not an issue with my Humax Freesat box.  I suspect this bug affected whichever channel was last being watched prior to an update being applied.  

How can I log an official bug report?  As a professional software developer I very much doubt Sony take much notice of 'community forums'.  

Can I add that attempting to create an account simply to be able to contribute to this discussion was an incredibly frustrating experience with the process being very buggy and going around in circles, and reporting non-existent errors.  Culminating with an error stating the site was experiencing problems.  It finally left my account in an inconsistent state, half-created, half not! 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi KeithX, to log an official complaint you can contact Sony directly: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact?cpint=spt-footer_contact

Regarding the issue itself, it seems to be related to the broadcaster??

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

Hi KeithX

I did follow up with both Sony and Freesat. The bottomnw line is retune just the Freesat and the problem will go away.  Since doing it, I have not had a repeat... which I suppose is a good thing, even if rather invconvenient.

Clive

profile.country.GB.title
KeithX
Explorer

Thanks Clive.  Retuning sounds like a bug was introduced during an update either Sony or a Feeesat programme guide update.  Rather than fixing it, they're using a retune to clear the bug induced setting.  

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi KeithX,

Could you share with us the results of retuning the freesat?

profile.country.GB.title
KeithX
Explorer

Thanks Clive.  Sorry for the delay; it took a while to find a suitable opportunity to try a retune.  It worked!  It needed a 'new/replace' (re-)tune rather than an 'update', which I tried first.  However; that might've been me.  An update might've worked, except I think I used the 'back' button rather than 'Finish', so that may possibly have abandoned the update.  

profile.country.GB.title
room_101

KeithX..  I completely agree with your comment about a bug appearing sometime but it appear3ed in the background and not of my changing anything.TBH, i think "replace" rather than "update" of the Freesat only would be the more sensible choice, even though it means having to redo the channel edits, whch is a minor irritant compared to a few other random issues and I'm glad it worked for you. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey KeithX, thank you for updating the thread, much appreciated.

MentionedOllie
Explorer

Sony KD55AG9 with the same problem. My model is supposed to be Sony's 'Master Series' model but I wouldn't expect this problem with a £200 supermarket special! Do Sony employees ever answer theseSony KD-55AG9 problems? 

Surely this could be fixed with a simple software patch...