Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XH9505 Orange Light

profile.country.GB.title
krmesse
New

KD-55XH9505 Orange Light

Hi there,

I think there may be a bug in the software for my TV. Every so often an orange light turns on just across from the Sony Logo on the TV. I’ve disabled OK Google and there’s no timers set, and the LED for MIC is disabled. The only way to turn the light off is to restart the TV completely. But after a period of time it’ll switch itself on again.

Is this a bug with the software, is my TV listening all the time even when I’ve disabled OK Google?

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.FI.title
Robert226

Hi.

Did the factory reset after latest update (had to reset my settings and re-install apps...but it was worth it!!!) and it somehow repaired this orange light problem. Ok now.

Thanks!

profile.country.RO.title
cikyu99
Explorer

Hello,

I have the same problem with this orange led, i cannot turn it off. It stays always ON.

Also my tv led only has "operational response" the  other settings (informational response) is missing .The purple ( recording tv program) and orange (programed event in tv guide) colors are not available anymore.

My FW version is 6.5076

I made 2 factory reset with no result.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey cikyu99, what's the model number of your TV? Also what are the connected devices?

profile.country.RO.title
cikyu99
Explorer

Spoiler

Hi,

My model is kd-55xh9505 (serial 6035906), i have a ps4 and a sf150 connected to tv.

profile.country.RO.title
cikyu99
Explorer

So, 

You have a possible solution to fix this?

I have to go with the tv in service? 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there, I found this: https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/haep1/v1/en/01-03_06.html

Did you make sure that none of these functions is turned on?

profile.country.RO.title
cikyu99
Explorer

Hi,

I dont have this option anymore "Illumination LED" after last android update, only "Operational respone" is available in led settings. Also i cannot enable or disable  “Ok Google” function anymore ,this setting is also missing in Google assistant.

profile.country.RO.title
cikyu99
Explorer

Hi,

I dont have the "Illumination LED" function anymore, in led settings after last update , only "Operational response". Also i cannot enable or disablie "Ok google" function in google assistant, this setting is missing.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @cikyu99, did you try a factory reset?

profile.country.RO.title
cikyu99
Explorer

Hello,

Yes , i made 2 factory resets with no luck, what's weird , if i set english language to my tv , i can turn off/on ok google function, but "information led" settings is missing.