Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XE9305 - Message on Screen VENDOR PROTOCOL SERVICE HAS STOPPED

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

KD55XE9305 - Message on Screen VENDOR PROTOCOL SERVICE HAS STOPPED

Hi All,

Was watching NETFLIX last night when a message popped up stating ' Vendor Protocol Service has stopped'

The message stayed in the middle of the screen whilst the film continued to play. The only option was an 'x' Close app. So I pressed this and the message went away. Netflix carried on playing the film. Later I exited netflix and since then i could not log back into Netflix.

I only use an ethernet cable to conect to my BT router. WiFi is turned off. I played around for half an hour trying to get back on netflix via the TV/ethernet cable but couldnt. I could get back onto Netlix via my Sony DVD player again via its ethernet cable. Anyway I tried a soft rebboit of the TV but that didn't help so thismorning I did a factory reset and all is OK again. Just wanted to raise the issue in case anyone has seen this specific message and/or knows what it relates to and can explain what it means and possibly what causes it. This is the first issue I have had with my new XE9305 which was a Sony free upgrade to my  XD9305 which was a pile of s***e and don't Sony know it, but wont directly admit it.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @iaboard40,

As far as I'm aware, there is no known issue related to this.  If it happens again, you could try and stop the Netflix app and clean the data and cache, to save doing a factory reset.

Cheers,
Cass

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Thx for the info Cass, I'll try your suggestion if it happens again. Lets hope it's a one off and  just got it's knickers in a twistfor some unknown reason

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

No worries @iaboard40.  Let's hope so, good luck!

Hi I have just had the dame message pop up watching sky tv.....I also just pressed ok to get rid of message.

Thanks Richard

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

I've only seen the message once so I'm kinda trying to forget about it and hoping it was a blip ???

Sent from Outlook
profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Happened again today whilst watching Tv via a Humax free sat box. Still not a big issue just hit enter on tv hremote and  away it went