Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

is full factory reset required as usual?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@notspurs wrote:

is full factory reset required as usual?

No - Only if you experience issues afterwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I note that many on the Sky Forums are now saying the juddering seems to have been fixed.  Can others who were experiencing this problem confirm?  As it would be nice to finally 'close/resolve' this thread off in a day or two.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Hold off closing till the end of the month. Closing within such a short time frame,bearing in mind how long it's taken to get this far isn't really fair. It's only reasonable for everyone to have a prolonged period of in the field testing. 

D0gbolter
Explorer

Just completed the upgrade on an x9305c. Obviously too early to feedback on judder as yet. Prime program info doesn't obviously state 5.1 sound is available, but amp is reporting a 5.1 signal when playing HDR Bosch. Can't say 100% as upgraded to new amp last week and didn't compare behaviour with older Android firmware, but looking (and more importantly sounding) promising. Mike
profile.country.IE.title
nowalsh20
Explorer

I have my t.v on since 09.30 this morning and it seems a solid upgrade.

cosimoss
Explorer

It's far too early to close this off. Given the randomness of the problem three weeks should be sufficient time to see whether the problem occurs again. We should leave this open until the beginning of December.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Noted : Will leave thread open for a while :slight_smile:

frankie1g

Just in time for ps4 pro.
Just a coinsidance???
profile.country.GB.title
mafletc50

Well i updated my KD55X8599 this lunchtime and the juddering has stopped, however the audio drop out is still present. Fingers crossed this will be fixed in the next update then it will be perfect.