Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
frankie1g

They said it was to be over the air *****
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Braindrain wrote:

Hi all,

Looks like Sony has updated their support page with a patch:

"We’re pleased to announce that a new firmware update will be available on the 7th November 2016, for customers that may still be experiencing intermittent juddering while watching 4K content via a UHD set-top box.

To further improve stability and reduce the likelihood of juddering occurring, when it’s available, please download the firmware from our support site

We thank you for your patience and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused."

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/Juddering-issue-on-4K-TVs-with-UHD-STB-UPDA...

Seems to read like another USB update and I'm not liking the wording 'reduce' instead of 'fix'

They say reduce are there will always be lazy people who refuse to factory reset or have a genuinely bad configuration and who will blame everyone but themselves.

For reference, i have had SkyQ for over a month not suffered a single instance of judder on a 55X8509C. While I don't doubt there are some issues, the majority are due to the above mentioned. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

------------------------------

NEW UPDATE: Juddering issue on Sony 4K TVs when using a UHD Set-top box – 07. November

We are pleased to announce that the software update is now LIVE by OTA, the software version is PKG3533

To confirm the software version on your TV please press HELP on the remote control.

To force the update to PKG3533 please press HELP -> SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE -> CHECK FOR SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE -> proceed the update

We thank you for your patience and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

---------------------------------

Cheers

cosimoss
Explorer

Our KD-55XD9305 has had the update.  The new firmware is PKG3.533.0108EUB.

Let's hope that this is now the end of this issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

For those that wonder what is in the update:

Highlights:

• Resolves the juddering issue when using a UHD Set-top box
  • Reduces input lag for HDR game mode (4K HDR TV models only: X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C, X94C, SD85, XD85, XD94, XD93)
  • Improves the stability of the TV

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
kevinwoods12
Explorer

I'm stuck at work,  anyone applied it? 

More importantly,  does it seem to work,  I know you need time to tell... 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

For those that wonder what is in the update:

Highlights:

• Resolves the juddering issue when using a UHD Set-top box
  • Reduces input lag for HDR game mode (4K HDR TV models only: X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C, X94C, SD85, XD85, XD94, XD93)
  • Improves the stability of the TV

Cheers

In the US forums their equivelent update gave 5.1 sound for Amazon. Can you or anyone confirm if this is the case?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n wrote:
In the US forums their equivelent update gave 5.1 sound for Amazon. Can you or anyone confirm if this is the case?

I cant confirm - but I have sent a message asking if it has.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

I cant confirm - but I have sent a message asking if it has.

Thanks bud!

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

For better or worse, I've now updated. 

We'll see how things pan out now using the BT UHD Box.