Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

Ce kkt o facut? 

ti l-o prajit de tot? in service? protectia consumatorului! daca nu banii inapoi!

@gabize - cat timp l-au tinut in service?

@Anonymous - in ROumania i think service didnt meet a TV so fresh, so they have no fkin ideea how to fix it, i am werry worried, hope i l get a refound! and ***** on this usless box i bought with more then 600EUROS

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Thank you @Anonymous

@razvpop, left Monday, came back Saturday

Anonymous
Not applicable

@razvpop wrote:

@Anonymous - in ROumania i think service didnt meet a TV so fresh, so they have no fkin ideea how to fix it, i am werry worried, hope i l get a refound! and ***** on this usless box i bought with more then 600EUROS

Hi @razvpop

Is there something in specific that I can help you with?  Its not clear to me thats all.

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

@Anonymous first of all, is almoast nothing, but when i sow how  @gabize receive hes TV - it reminds me that i use that usless box (the TV) 2 weeks - and payd a realy nice amount of cash for it like 2x my wage / mounth almoast!

and now i l get it repaired and maibe not eaven in same shape as it was when i sow Amber/Green light on it... 

Well so dissapointed now, i l change the brand to Lenovo or whatever chinese/korean hase, because SONY is nothing else but same but overpriced!

[edited by moderator to remove profanity]

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

In my city of residence there is a small repair shop that have a contract with Sony for TV repairs. But there is an elderly man who make the repairs, he doesn't have Sony specific interfaces or equipment, unfortunately his eyes are weekened and he doesn't have anymore all the necessary patience to disassemble / assemble a TV that has only two months of use. I can tell this things because he had some complaints in the past for using glue type substances to glue the broken retaining clips of the TV frame he assembled. Now, knowing those I decided that my TV should be repaired at the Sony aproved repair shop Just IT S.R.L in Bucharest, mainly because I thought they had the necessary equipment to rewrite the firmware directly using some kind of interface, or by any other means without dismantle it. And to be 100% sure that the TV will arive in good condition at the repair shop I decided I'll took the TV and transport it personally with my car. But now I'm really worried after I read what happened to the forum user @gabize,  who's already got his repaired TV back at home. I believe it is unacceptable to get a repaired TV in this condition. If the screws are too tight then most likely overtime there will apear a vertical white stripe somewhere on the screen, or even worse the display can develop a fine crack that's starting at one of its corners.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

i should get back my tv later this week, waiting for Sony to provide a functional upgrade

Jhinwxm

Still waiting for my TV to be returned.

It'd better be in full working order otherwise Sony will have me on their back everyday with a legal threat ready to go.

The way they have handled this has been abysmal.

Sony should be grovelling by now and be in direct contact with us, not sending vague messages via a user on here. Truely pathetic Sony, you should be ashamed.

They haven't got the spine to comment on here I see. 

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

I hate to say this, but here I am... I am a system engineer in Information Technology and... until the last moment I REALLY though that Sony wil came up with un upgrade firmware that will resolve this ,,firmware failure,, problem. With a new firmware update for us who have the necessary knowledge and understanding in this domain, I though it will allow at least one chance to update this ,,Marshmallow firmware upgrade failure on Sony BRAVIA TV's,, I mean, to have the chance to put back the TV on his tracks without send it or transport it to service. Particularry for me, in the last 8 days I had read everything related to Sony TV's, even Android powered or not, I have tried all kins of things, also I found a way to force the TV to upload a new firmware, but intenally the TV have some kind of protection that will not allow to INSTALL an older firmware. You could upload it, but it never installs. I tried all the firmware's available to the KDL-W43808C TV type, but with no succes so far. So tomorrow the TV will go to Sony approved sevice.

Finally, for the idea of - not permitting installing an older firmware when a newest one fails- I will give ZERO credit to developers because the time I spent on this problem, also for the stress I get and all the negative feelings I had all this time regarding to this problem I'll personally go to church and pray to God... to make the developers smarter than they are. I feel pitty for them, no remorse, this was part of my life experiencing this situation.

On the future, I hope someone else will develop a better operating system for TV's, so all the world will be happier with their TV units.

Peace for all, or even better - eternal bliss.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

I dont understand why is so much censorship here on this forum. This was the 3rd message deleted by the moderators. Anyway, I will thank you for deleting all of them. Live in peace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BETATESTERONE wrote:

I dont understand why is so much censorship here on this forum. This was the 3rd message deleted by the moderators. Anyway, I will thank you for deleting all of them. Live in peace.

Hi @BETATESTERONE

Was it one of your posts?  If so, I can find out what happened - but from previous times, its an 'over sensative auto spam filter' that has done it.

As long as the full post was complying with forum rules, it wouldnt be deleted.  Even then, official moderators will normally 'edit' the part that doesnt comply (i.e. profanities).

Cheers