Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
Kadlinko

Hi everyone,

on Thursday I was calling to authorised service here in Slovakia. They told me that SONY does not have “in home” service in Slovakia. They told me that I can send TV to service or they can come for my TV when they will have their service car and service guy near my home – it means waiting for one week. After that I wrote really looong and angry email to SONY support about whole situation ‘caused by their wrong update file.

Nobody wrote me back to my mail. Yesterday I called to service. I wanted to settle with service man about taking my TV to service. But service man surprised me. I do not know why. For now nobody told me that it is because that email. But he told me that according to new instructions (did not tell who gave him that instructions) they will come to my house and will repair TV at home tomorrow (change motherboard). I have to ask them what caused this change, but I think it is cause my email.

It means do not be quite! Sit to the computer and write to SONY as many complaints as you can. That is only way how to make things move and change.

I will update what happened and what made that change.

Take care.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, @Anonymous. Also thanks for the censorship, as well. That's just life, I think (the censorship is part of every day life, nothing special here). So peace for humans. 

Tomorrrow the TV will go to service. If something will not be okay after that, the TV will return to service 3 times... then money back as the law says. I really can cope with that, it's not the first time it happens.

Cheers.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

@Kadlinko

Oh, man... but that's just unacceptable to me. Thank you for your post... to be honest I really though that my TV was ,,made in Slovakia,, by Sony (that's the reason I bought this unit over Samsung, LG and others), This is, by far... my bigest dissapintment for my TV, over the ,,Marshmallow firmware update fails issue,,. So the TV is not made in Slovakia, but where was it make, after all ? China, Taiwan, South Corea? If that's true, my next TV will be the one that will have the longest guarantee, so doesn't matter where will be the location where it is assambeld, or where are the components created (globalisation a like).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BETATESTERONE

All your filtered posts should have been restored now.  Unfortunatley for some reason it was auto-filtered by the forum spam filter.

Cheers

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

@Quinnicus

Thank you for your attitude, that's okay.

Today I left the TV unit at the service, Just IT S.R.L in Bucharest. I told them to double-check my repaired TV before send it back to my place of residence, they asked why so I told them about the TV they sent back to user  @gabize here on the forum, they told me his TV was okay (?), I told them that I saw 2 pics here with the stripes on his repaired TV (the display looking odd unpowered), they told me that they had a phone conversation with @gabize and that was all.

About my TV, it will need a motherboard change (that's the way Sony recomends fixing TV's with the failing Marshmallow firmware), so it will stay at service for a while because the motherboard have to be replaced with a new one from Belgium(?), I told them that the TV they sent to @gabize had the same MAC address so how was his motherboard changed if the MAC adress was identical after the motherboard swap, so they told me that the replacement motherboard was reprogramed, I asked them how they get the MAC address from a broken TV and then where specifically will they wrote that information in the new motherboard (surelly not in the SoC, but I think there resides the WiFi, so how?) and... that's where the conversation just ended.

For me it was hard to find this Sony aproved repair center in Bucharest, it is a small door in the back of the ground floor of a building, you enter and there you will find two young employees that will first check the TV unit, then make the necessary papers. Pretty obscure I can say, but that's it (I guess).

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

My TV is not OK!

But i insist to change with  a new one!

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

My TV is not OK!

But i insist to change with  a new one!

think my TV was first "repaired" and served as "test board".

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

SONY, today is 10.03.2017! wake up...!

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

Hi all, i just mount on wall the TV- so far i found only that my tv is not 808C anymore ... now is 805C.

can any1 tell me the diff betwen them? i search but nothing pop up. 

In stand by mode, i have no  strypes...

and i try to find what android version i got... :grin:

all bests!...

profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

Seriously, there is only one solution - take your TV back to the shop and demand your money back. We have had months of problems with our Sony Bravia. They replaced the TV, Android updated to Marshmallow, but still we lose channels in the YouView guide. The remote is the worst piece of TV hardware I've ever used (and we had BT Vision for 3 years!). And you can't record and watch catch-up without swapping EPGs.

Ask for your money back - it is all the Sony understand.