Join now - be part of our community!

Motionflow and Film mode issue on XH8096

profile.country.LV.title
denisk-
Explorer

Motionflow and Film mode issue on XH8096

It is known, that Sony locked Motionflow for non-native apps on 8th series released in 2020. For example, it is set to 3 in Standard picture mode for them. Motionflow works, but works not properly even for native apps. It stopped to work one time a few weeks or even a month for unknown reasons before and I had to restart TV to resuscitate Motionflow. But there was firmware update released twice in last two months. Since then Motionflow stops working by itself much more often. Most often I notice Motionflow stoppage right after TV comes out from standby. Then I have to set Film mode to Auto (if it is off) or turn it off (if it is set to Auto) for non-native or native apps YouTube like and Motionflow starts working right away. But sometimes this procedure does not animates Motionflow and I have to restart TV to achieve Motionflow working… for a while. In YouTube I have to change picture mode to another and back every time Motionflow stops working, although it is set to 3 or maximum for selected picture mode.

If representatives of the company are here, I'd say them: Just unlock Motionflow and make it adjustable also for non-native apps or at least fix its self-stopping and perhaps my next TV will be Sony brand again!

0 REPLIES 0