Join now - be part of our community!

Sat twin tuner not working

profile.country.DK.title
LaigaardOlsen
Explorer

Sat twin tuner not working

Hi there Sony Community

I am using CAM CI+ card inserted into a CI slot to watch paid sat channels from Allente. (once Canal Digital)

Twin sat tuner is not working because when TV is recording one channel I can not watch a second channel.  I have black screen with some meaningless error msg. Stop recording, and I can watch the channel again.

I have 1 Satellite Dish with 1 LNB with 2 cables coming out of it. They are connected to the TVs "Main" and "Sub" entries.
I've tried every conceivable combination of Sat setup - Channel setup. Nothing works.

In some Sony support pages it says, I should set the Sat to "twin tuner mode". But I cannot find that place in any menu on the TV.

What do I have to do to get this to work ? (and why is this subject not covered adequately in any of Sony support docs ?)

Best regards

Jesper "the TV frustrated guy"

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Double Tuner but only one CAM, if it is busy it cannot be used for anything else, it shouldn't even be possible to record a Channel to decode with a CAM and watch a free one.

profile.country.DK.title
LaigaardOlsen
Explorer

Hi Marino.

You write ..."it shouldn't even be possible to record a Channel to decode with a CAM and watch a free one."

You hopefully do mean the exact opposite ?  "It should be possible to record a channel and watch a free one"

Assuming I'm correct in that assumption, it's still a massive let down. You sell this TV on the promise of Twin Sat Tuners, but fail to mention that 2 tuners are not much good with coded channels. 

Two Sat inputs but only one CAM entry ? There shouldn't be a need for a second one. If you buy the External HW Sat decoders from Allente, they seem to make do, with just the one "CAM"/Card entry, and still be able to record one channel and watch another channel, at the same time.

If this is indeed by design, then I'm slightly disappointed.

Kind Regards,

Jesper