Join now - be part of our community!

Power switch on XR-48A90K

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rayatkinson314
Explorer

Power switch on XR-48A90K

I have just got the 48A90K tv and I cannot find a power switch physically on the tv as opposed to the remote . I contacted Sony but they were no help, just referring me to the manual, which I had already done .The manual page 4 just showed  a line drawing dotted for the supposed position which I assume was at the rear of the tv . At the rear ,which is completely covered in that position is a square with the Bravia logo but no access to any power switch . Am I missing something obvious?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

I've got the XR-42A90K the little brother of yours.

Go to the left hand side of the TV to the panel where you can plug in an HDMI cable and USB connector,

Centre-Speaker Synch socket and the CCA card module.

At the very top of that panel is a little square button with the power symbol, when I say it is little

it is very little, a torch and a magnifying glass may be required.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

I've got the XR-42A90K the little brother of yours.

Go to the left hand side of the TV to the panel where you can plug in an HDMI cable and USB connector,

Centre-Speaker Synch socket and the CCA card module.

At the very top of that panel is a little square button with the power symbol, when I say it is little

it is very little, a torch and a magnifying glass may be required.

profile.country.GB.title
rayatkinson314
Explorer

Thank you very much . I wish I had posted the issue to the Sony Community first. In the last week I have sent 4 emails to Sony and had 3 requests from them for information. I sent 4 photos and the clarification of the model ,serial number sent twice . They kept referring to the manual which I had already looked at . It showed a front on partial line drawing with the switch located within a dotted rectangle and no explanatory note . Referring to my time in electrical engineering such a feature indicated that the location would be on the reverse of the object being viewed in that position. Again thanks for you help.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Yes I too spent a day looking for this power button as the (non) information leaflet that comes with it does make you look at the back of the TV.

Bookmark the link below, this is the Sony Support site for your TV, here you can get access to the User manual, downloads and Q&A's.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/xr-48a90k

There was an update released at the end of August this year to V6.7283, your TV may have been manufactured prior to this release and therefore needs updating.

To find out which version of the software your TV is running click on the Settings button on the remote control.

Scroll left on the onscreen menu to Settings.

Scroll to the bottom of the list and click on Help & Feedback, click right and select Help.

After the page loads, about 5 seconds, you will see at the bottom left of the screen the 

model number and software version.

Always best to ask the customer.

profile.country.GB.title
rayatkinson314
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I have updated the software to the latest version.

Sent from my iPad