Join now - be part of our community!

Random sound drops when playing CDs

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
abealing
Explorer

Random sound drops when playing CDs

I have an odd issue of random audio drops when playing CDs on my 4k Bluray player through my AV amp which has my Android TV connected.

Audio randomly drops from a second to several and often resets the selected sound field on the Amp.  Does not drop when playing direct to the headphones via Bluetooth or direct to the TV.  This points to the amp and seemed to be confirmed when I reconnected by old Bluray player to it and it also suffered the same issue. 

Having seen this post on the US site:  

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004IL2ZUSA1/str-dn1080-sound-drops?language=en_US

I tried disconnecting the TV which was only on standby and the issue stopped!

I therefore suspect it to be an issue between the TV and the Amp, possibly applying picture/sound settings set on the TV.

Anyone else had this issue?

TV: KD-65A1  Firmware: PKG6.2858.0082EUA

AVR: STR-DN1080  Firmware: M41.R.0377 (fv=p7.0377.0)

4K BD Player: UBP X800  Firmware: M36.R.0178

Bluetooth headphones: WH-1000XM2 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I know exactly what's going on...

[link removed]

The processor in Sony Android TV is woken a dozen times per hour (with power consumption violating European standards!!!). This also causes a handshake on the HDMI which makes your AVR re-detect the TV, causing a dropout on the CD. As easy as that. Problem has been present since the very Android TV beginnings, so for almost 3 years. Sony does not care. Learn to live with it or return that expensive garbage.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

You didn’t mention the connection types between the 3 devices. I assume you are using HDMI for all.

Have you tried changing this option from AUTO to ON?

profile.country.GB.title
abealing
Explorer

Yes thanks Michael I have tried factory resets on all 3 devices!

Andrew

profile.country.GB.title
abealing
Explorer

Thanks Dutchice, yes I have connected with high-speed hdmi cables.  I will try the setting you suggest, its on Auto now as its all Sony kit and should work correctly but I'll give it a goe and report back.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Andrew

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Just checking back on you to hear if you had any luck with your setup?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I know exactly what's going on...

[link removed]

The processor in Sony Android TV is woken a dozen times per hour (with power consumption violating European standards!!!). This also causes a handshake on the HDMI which makes your AVR re-detect the TV, causing a dropout on the CD. As easy as that. Problem has been present since the very Android TV beginnings, so for almost 3 years. Sony does not care. Learn to live with it or return that expensive garbage.

profile.country.GB.title
abealing
Explorer

Thanks dutchice,  well the only success I have had is witu disconnecting the TV from the AV receiver, after which the CD plays without interruption. The other reply points to a known issue with Android TV which rings true in the circumstances.  I will report back to Sony and ask them to investigate!

Andrew

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Who in the blue hell removed my link and why?

profile.country.GB.title
abealing
Explorer

I was wondering that.