Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android TV 43x8305C network/google cast disconnects on standby

rdrpbu
Explorer

Sony Android TV 43x8305C network/google cast disconnects on standby

Hi,

I recently bought Sony 43x8305C and mostly happy with my purchase so far.

One nagging issue I found that when the TV is on standby, I could NOT see the google cast icon or the Sony DLNA renderer from  my smartphone.

Both Google cast and DLNA renderer (network) comes back online when the TV is switched on. Is anyone of you facing the same issue?

It would be great if someone can tell me how to resolve this.

Regards

rdrpbu

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not too sure on what the actual issue is, simply because what you have described appears to be normal operations.

Upon turning the TV off into Standby, the TV reduces its power use by shutting off services it does not need. The TV does not need certain network services such as wifi-direct or whatever google uses for its cast functions when in standby.

Cheers

rdrpbu
Explorer

Thanks for the response. I am just looking for a functionality of directly casting to the TV (while its on standby) thereby awaking it from sleep. For example, I am able to cast on my sony speaker HT XT3 when its on standby. Google chromecast is able to do this when on standby as well. To me, the entire point of casting is to stream media to which ever device without fiddling with remotes to switch it on , etc. I am just wondering if there is any option in the settings or anything to enable 'always on network' in my Sony TV. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Raj.