Join now - be part of our community!

sony bravia 49x8307c crashing Repeatedly

profile.country.GB.title
EuanCathro
New

sony bravia 49x8307c crashing Repeatedly

About 30 mins utes ago my TV crashed when I was about to watch something on amazon video. Since the. The TV cannot restart itself and just crashes repeatedly after displaying a message that 'google play music has stopped' - report/ ok.  I have tried selecting both options but it crashes before you can complete the feedback and just loops like this.

I have tried switching it off for 5 mins but no improvement. Has anyone else encountered this and/or found a solution?

Thanks in advance 

Euan

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @EuanCathro,

Not sure which firmware you're running, but for Marshmallow you can try the following:

1. Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical socket
  2. Press and hold the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons on the TV (not on the remote)
  3. Re-plug the AC power cord in while keeping the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons pressed down on the TV
  4. Please hold down the buttons until the LED turns green, this process may take 30 seconds or more
  5. Let go of the buttons
  6. The TV will restart itself twice and then return to the initial setup screen. If the TV does not restart by itself and return to initial set-up screen, please repeat steps 1 to 5 until this occurs (maximum of 5 tries). If this does not occur after the fifth attempt, please call our support line for further support
  7. If you reach the initial set-up screen, go through the initial setup. However, do not tune any channels or register your Google account
  8. Once in the HOME menu, go to [Settings] > [Storage and reset], and perform a factory reset. Failing to perform a factory reset after doing the forced factory data reset may cause some applications and features to be lost
  9. Complete the factory reset
  10. Once your TV returns to the initial setup screen, complete the setup as normal (add tuning settings, a Google account etc.) 

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi I have the 43' version of that model make sure it's running the latest firmware 3.88 otherwise mine works more or less perfectly occasionally comes up with an odd error.