Join now - be part of our community!

TV locks up after Oreo update

BR0lly
Explorer

TV locks up after Oreo update

After auto update of my KD-43XE83xx tv locks up on picture or menu with remote being unresponsive!
Have to do a reboot to reset sometimes twice before normal operation starts again!
Have tried turning off Sambaand clearing cache.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

As you have tried everything, it may be best to contact Sony support here.

Let us know how you get one :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
copicke45

I was one of the few who got the original Oreo update and my KD55-XE9005 was fine with it (apart from perhaps the AV Volume control issue).

This update version is however suspect. I switched over to the digital tuner this evening from the HDMI input and it immediately became very slow / unresponsive. Went black screen when changing channels, then the Youview screen would pop up and show a channel logo I hadn't selected (but not show a picture).

Turning off Youview suddenly made it come back to life. But not for long. So removed power & restarted. Much the same problem. So tried again, this time leaving unplugged for longer. This time when it restarted the Youview setup screen appeared (despit me disabling it). I cancelled out and now it seems OK.

So could this be a malfunctioning Youview app update that happens to have occurred soon after the Oreo update?