Join now - be part of our community!

TV repair

profile.country.GB.title
mijaege36
New

TV repair

My Sony Bravia KD-55X8509 TV was reported as not working and so contacted Sony support. They finally agreed that I have a five year warrnty contract and so sent a Sony approved technician to visit my home. The technician said that the TV panel was broken and could not be repaired. Prett poor considering the TV is only two years old. The technician said that they would obtain a replacement TV of the same standard for me; this was on Monday 5th March. I have no contact from Sony to tell me when a replacement TV would be delivered and I now been witout a TV for over a week. I do not consider this a good after sales service. Surely a replacment TV could have been delivered by now!!! I am not a very happy customer considering my loyalty to the Sony brand.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi mijaege36,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Please get in touch with Support for further assistance here.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
mijaege36
New

Thank you for your earlier reply but I have now been given a date for the replacement TV to be installed. My old one was Bravia KD-55X8509 does anybody know what my replacement model will be as the old one is no longer manufactured.

profile.country.GB.title
Rockintone
Explorer

Hi,

I know this post is over a month old however my tv is now with the repair centre and I suspect it may need a replacement under warranty.

If there is anyone there who has had a replacement tv can they share their experience as I have read some horror stories about delays and being offered inferior models etc.

profile.country.GB.title
mijaege36
New

Hi, I had my TV replaced under warranty without any problems whatsoever. Sony customer service arranged for my local Sony service centre to visit me and see what the problem was. The TV technician realised what the fault was and told me the set would be repolaced under warranty. This took about seven working days. The replacement TV is working perfectly and is an upgrade from my fauly TYV i.e. thie replacement one handles HDR.

profile.country.GB.title
Rockintone
Explorer

Thanks for the prompt response. Glad everything worked out. I have read elsewhere though that customers were being offered refurbished and inferior models to start with. 

profile.country.GB.title
Rockintone
Explorer

PS meant to ask, did Sony contact you first and advise of the model they would offer as replacement or did a replacement just arrive.

thanks in advance for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
mijaege36
New

The replacement TV just arrived, delivered by the same person who first came to see what the problem was. The guy set it all up for me as well and took the faulty TV back with him.

profile.country.GB.title
Rockintone
Explorer

My TV, KD55XD8599, failed on a Tue night (no picture/graphics etc), phoned Sony on Wed morning, recived call from approved repair firm about 4 hrs later and they came the next day to pick up TV.  Got a call on the follwing Monday to say the TV was declared non fixable and was offerred a replacment model KD55XE8596 which is an almost idendical spec (certified HDR is the difference I could see).  Was told I would receive a call in a few days once the set arive from France and they will then arrange to deliver TV.  So far service has been good, will give final verdict when I get new TV.

PS TV was 15 months old but I had 5 year warranty.