Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

If you are having the 'dead' TV issue then I'd suggest you go back to Sony insisting on an upgrade to the 2017 XE model. Sony has already set this precedent. Just insist and don't take no for an answer. Speak or direct your request to The Manager etc don't be fobbed off by Support Staff responses they are just reading from a script

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Satubhi
Explorer

My TV, which was purchased in Dec 16 from Costco, has experienced loss of power. Sony's repair center without diagnosing what the issue was stated that it's a common fault and they need to order a new board. This was 4 weeks ago (May 17). Still, no board in stock and now have an ETA of next week for a repair.

I've escalated this within Sony UK HQ. Reading this board I don't believe Sony has got to the root cause and changed any components on the board, but are just swapping them out. I'm waiting for either management or someone technical to ring me back so that I can establish if they have truly fixed the issue or just brushing the customers off as I'm at risk of another failure when I'm out of warranty..!

Thanks, SONY (not going to buy or recommend your products again)!!

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Sony will never admit there is a problem with this unit parsee. Just insist on an upgrade. It's all over this forum that the 2016 XD is not fit for purpose. 4 weeks+ for a part !!! You must have the patience of an Angel...Sony had an XE Shipped from France to my repair centre in Birmingham and then to me in 4 days. They can do it - but if you are not shouting the loudest or emailing phoning them 5 times a day I'm afraid you end up at the bottom of the queue.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Satubhi
Explorer

Thanks for the advise.... I'm back on the phone now..!!

profile.country.GB.title
Deviskan
Explorer

Update regarding my case...finally got somewhere! 

Upon receiving my tv back for the second time from John Lewis, I took some new photos showing the screen damage caused by Martin Dawes (their repair partner)...and also managed to get a video showing the system auto-resetting itself (android menu coming up, sound still coming through soundbar).

The Senior Customer Care person agreed the damage was clear to see, and apologised for Martin Dawes claiming it didn't exist...and that the TV shouldn't be resetting itself 1 day after the TV was factory reset by Martin Dawes.

John Lewis then advised they would be giving me the XE upgrade free of charge...so, just goes to show that perseverance is key (no matter how many times you're told no)!

There's definitely something fundamentally wrong with the XD (not just the faulty DPS boards) as since yesterday, I've had another couple of software 'Unfortunately 'x' has stopped working' error messages (this is after Martin Dawes did a full reset on the TV to cure the software issues).

Anyway, very happy with John Lewis now...just a shame it took multiple attempts to get there!

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Your story is beginning to sound very similar to a few others and it sounds like Sony are agreeing to upgrade XD to XE to anyone who will shout loud enough and stick it out long enough. It's their backdoor method of agreeing there are fundamental floors on the 2016 platform without saying as much. Well done for sticking to your guns. It should be a lesson for anyone with an XD

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

Just had the same problem again with external sound. Turn the tv on, sound bar turns on but no sound, internal tv speakers fine. This is now the fourth time I've had to power down the tv, turn off at the wall and then turn everything back on again. I've change around the HDMI cables when the sound is not working but it doesn't make a difference. The only way to get it working is to power off the tv which its alway a worry with the power problems with this tv/model.

This problem has only started happening since having the tv back from repair with Sony, faulty DPS board.

profile.country.GB.title
bumblbee4321
Explorer

Unfortunately the XE isn't really an upgrade. It sounds like it is, but it isn't actually better. Just the newer model.

I have a 65XD9305 which has gone dead twice now.

Once in January and again on 4 June 2017. Both times exactly the same symptoms. Have had to wait until today for replacement board, different to the DPS which was replaced first time.

I also get the audio problems with the soundbar from time to time over HDMI ARC. 

I want a refund so I can upgrade to a 65ZD9 instead.

Unit bought from John Lewis online, but as it is outside the initial period it is in Sony's 12 month warranty.

The local repair people don't seem to be great. Very poor comms and improper handling of the unit.

An engineer brought a board today and fitted it, but managed to make the TV go POP instead. On the plus side, the display came one and showed some coloured bars but remains useless.

Has anyone had lasting repairs to their TV that have been fault free on here?

profile.country.GB.title
bumblbee4321
Explorer

Who did you file the court papers against?

I'm exasperated by John Lewis who I keep pointing out aren't at fault directly as they're neither the manufacturer or repairer. John Lewis have now said it is with the repairer and Sony now who will decide if it goes to alternate resolution.

I said that sounded ambiguous.

Advice welcome.

profile.country.GB.title
thewerbs
Explorer

Briefly, my first two 65XD9305 TVs were replaced when they failed to switch on after some 6 weeks and 3 months respectively.  The third TV failed after some 11 weeks.  A new (modified) DPS board got it working again but 6 months later it failed again.  The preliminary diagnosis was main board failure but once in the workshop the screen was found to have failed.  Today it was replaced by a new 65XE9305 under the Sony 5 year guarantee.