Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
bumblbee4321
Explorer

Hello

I have just reviewed video of my last repair which shows the engineer making the back of the TV spark when he does something silly with a multimeter.

I am keen to understand who - retailer / repairer / Sony did what and in what timeline as I'm almost down to turning up at John Lewis with the TV and making a scene. Nobody is consistent or actually provides any acceptale outcome.

JL last said the repairer and Sony were going to do an alternate resolution if the part they were now ordering after the second repair didn't arrive to the repairer on Wednesday ( 21 June 2017). When I called on Tuesady (20 June 2017) I was told by the repairer that the part wasn't expected until Friday. I then pointed out that this contradicted what I was told the day before but the repairer said he had no knowledge of this.

Got TV in December 2016. So far, it hasn't worked for 5 weeks of its life. Utter garbage.

profile.country.GB.title
kickboxingboy

My 65xd9305 died last week. Repairer is coming next week.

interested in knowing what people who have had the same issue have found .

1. Was your dsp board replaced / at fault, was any other parts replaced / at fault.

2. How long did repair take or parts take to arrive.

3. How long has your repair lasted , how many times has it been repaired.

anyone any general advice about this tv, for the cost for it to fail after 11 months is 

totally unacceptable .

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

11 months?? ..... you did well....my XD9305 lasted 3 weeks before it died. It's brand new replacement lasted 5 months before it died. Sony paid me £150 compensation for the way they handled everything (i.e not very well) and gave me an XE9305 in replacement of the repaired 2nd XD9305 which developed the 'rebooting' issue. I'd recommend any owner of a 2016 XD to insist Sony upgrade them to a 2017 XE as there is obviously a known issue with the 2016 boards

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

Has anyone had experienced this problem. Went to put the tv into standby by pressing the green button on the remote, picture went blank (off) but sound was still coming through the sound bar. It didn’t mater which key I pressed the picture would not come back on.

The strange thing was the white light on the bottom of the tv would pulse when I pressed keys but the picture would still remain blank. The tv would also not turn off or power down, also tried with Sky remote but same problem. In the end I had to turn off at the plug.

This is now the third issue I've had with this tv, going to speak to Sony Centre as this is not what I expect from a Sony product.

profile.country.GB.title
maj_storm

This is supposed to be corrected with the latest firmware update. Which you can get from this link. 

Also on the page is how to troubleshoot continous rebooting 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xd93xx_x93xxd_xd94xx_x94xxd-series/kd-55x...

profile.country.GB.title
MikeHart1982
Explorer

Same happened to me today. 65XD9305B. I can't even express how disappointing Sony is. Just like you guys I've tried everything and still nothing. Typical for Saturday afternoon. Had Samasung 48" before, and had matrix issues all way long so I switched to Sony and here it is lol . Bough in January this year so only 5 months worked fine... The best TV i had was Sharp... never had issues. 

profile.country.GB.title
Satubhi
Explorer

Finally... TV has been repaired after 35days...! The LD board was changed. The engineer said this was the 5th TV he has repaired with this fault. 

Sony Customer relations left a voicemail on Friday wanting to discuss my poor service experience!!!

profile.country.GR.title
nkarell
New

Hello I would like to inform you that just today, almost after a year since the buying my tv has faced a complete loss of power !!! 

profile.country.GB.title
4KGOLD
Explorer

Well, my TV is now playing up again, despite being repaired in December 2016 when the TV wouldn't turn on.

In additon to the usual sluggishness, apps are now failing, the recording feature stops, sound but no picture and it took ages to turn on again (a couple of times - I thought it had broken again).

I've complained to sony, but because my 1 year guarantee passed about a couple of weeks ago, they do not care.

So, unfortunately, I will now have to file a court case against Sony to get the customer service they should be providing.

If anyone from Sony is reading this, I am open to discussion for a replacement model or a refund, but if I don't get the service I think we all deserve for buying such a poor TV, then I will see you in small claims court and I'll be using this forum as evidence.

profile.country.GB.title
4KGOLD
Explorer

This link may be useful to those who are having problems with Sony repairing or replacing their TVs:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

Goods purchased in Europe are subject to a 2-year repair/replace guarantee even if the vendor or manufacturer offers 1 year.