Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
zumbrosony
Explorer

Another one to bite the dust 😞 .. My 65XD9305 died after 12 months and 14 days. Just 14 days out of warranty. It's a shame Sony is making such a pathetic quality TV. Feel gutted for having spent so much of money on a product which doesn't even last 13 months.. 

profile.country.GB.title
icon_boy
Explorer

Well surprise surprise my 55XD9305 has just failed, the tv won’t start up, no power what so ever, seems like the PCB board on this has failed, only had the tv 7 months.

What are the chances that Sony will give us the newer model number?

profile.country.GB.title
zumbrosony
Explorer

I think we will have to make a joined effort for a replacement TV.

Unfortunately in my case will have to start with small claims process as mine is few days outside of 1 year warranty 😞

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Did you pay by Credit Card if so you can claim against the credit card company for up to 6 years under Section 75

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Did u pay for it on a credit card? Section 75 covers it for 6 years

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
zumbrosony
Explorer

Yes, I used my Credit card. Thanks for that information. I will follow up with the CC company.

same as me, bought december 2016. I have an engineer coming on Thursday so will report back. my colleague, who know about these things, is of the view that we should be pushing for a replacement 2017 model...

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

I had arranged to speak with Stefan between 11-2 today, i received no call and no response.

This is now the second time I have emailed to arrange a chat and again he fails to return the call.

Completely unprofessional, if their customer service manager behaves like this, then it's no longer their products are just as bad.

I have now been waiting March/April for Stefan to arrange a meeting, all i get is "oh sorry i wasn't recieving the messages" after 3 months.... The message will be loud and clear when i fill in court !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sharpharp wrote:

I had arranged to speak with Stefan between 11-2 today, i received no call and no response.

This is now the second time I have emailed to arrange a chat and again he fails to return the call.

Completely unprofessional, if their customer service manager behaves like this, then it's no longer their products are just as bad.

I have now been waiting March/April for Stefan to arrange a meeting, all i get is "oh sorry i wasn't recieving the messages" after 3 months.... The message will be loud and clear when i fill in court !!!

I have passed your complaint onto Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
allwest69
Explorer

Had the same issue this week.   Purchase TV in November 2016, died on me the other day after i came back from a long weekend.  

This is the third TV i've had now.   The first kept rebooting randomly, the second arrived with the screen damaged and this one thats the third just had a complete loss of power.

Bought from John Lewis, they picked it up for repair and speaking to the team that repaired it, it was a replacement PCB needed.   The engineer did comment that he's seen this quite a few times now with that model which makes me wonder that with a 13 page thread here all with the same issue bought all over the country that this has to be some kind of manufacturing defect.  

So far, i've had more problems with this TV in the past 8 months than i've had with all my TV's in the last 20 years.