Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot remove files with Play Memories Home

profile.country.nl_NL.title
wier500
Visitor

Cannot remove files with Play Memories Home

I have a Sony HDR PJ 580 VE camcorder, and import the files to my computer with the original software

Play Memories Home, and in the software you can make the adjustment of removing the imported files from my camcorder (after the import of course), this however doesn't work. The files have to be deleted manually on the camera.

This is very, very irritating, I'm sure i'm not the onely one how has discovered this problem, is ther anyone who has the solution to this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello wier500 :slight_smile:

This may be a glitch in the software if you are following the above procedure but not getting the desired results. I have noticed that an updated version of PlayMemories Home was released on 10th August (Version 1.3.02) and it is available to download from here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HDR-PJ580VE/downloads/pmhome

Try installing this latest version and let me know if this solves the problem with importing/deleting content.

Thanks,

Simon

wier500
Visitor

Thank you for your reply, Simon, As you told i have installed the latest update of PMH.

Unfortunately without succes,this issue also wasn't listed in the update information text.

So we'll have to look further.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

In order to see if there is any specific advice available for using the Playmemories software, I have contacted Customer Support about your question above. As soon as there is any further information, I will let you know on this forum thread.

Thanks,

Simon

wier500
Visitor

Ok, we will wait for the answer, i have also send an email to the dutch Sony support, but they couldn't give a usefull answer, ( the usuall stuff, formating the memory,update PMH, etc.)

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update. Once I hear back from Customer Support I will let you know on this thread.

Regards,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

If you connect a camcorder both the storage card and build in memory are "read only". Therefore the "could not delete" message appears. You have to use the camera function to delete the files, even if the option "delete files after import" is selected in the PlayMemories/Picture Motion Browser.

sdsouza
New

I am having the same issue with my Handycam. I download files using PlayMemories home. It's hard to believe that this software cannot delete files from the camera, inspite of selecting the option in the software. If the option does not work it's no point in even having it there in the first place. It is a tedious task to go through all the files on the camera and then delete them individually. 

I have used other cameras before and have never encounterred this issue. I was expecting better from a company like Sony. Had I known this before, I would have never purchased this camera. This is a big set back and a major disappointment. I was expecting much better from Sony and it's really hard to believe that Sony would create a product with such a big flaw.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@sdsouza schrieb:

It is a tedious task to go through all the files on the camera and then delete them individually. 

Why don't you just get a SD-card reader and delete the files via your PC/MAC?

I personally never import ANY files directly from the camera, since I have to keep the camera powered on for import, which doesn't make the battery any better.

I simply get the SD-card from the camera, put it inside my SD-card reader and import the files from there.

Alternatively you can format the card after import to delete all files on the memory card.

- Nic