Join now - be part of our community!

sony hdr-fx1e component output

profile.country.GB.title
neuronetv
New

sony hdr-fx1e component output

regarding the component-out socket on the side of my camcorder (hdr-fx1e):

1) is there such a thing as component to hdmi cable for this camcorder?

2) is there a proper name for this component socket?

3) I saw an original sony component cable costs about £75, is there a cheaper alternative cable I could use?

there's not much in the user manaul about this, thanks for any advice.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @neuronetv,

can you please attach an image of the port.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
neuronetv
New

thanks for your feedback, pic attached.sony-hdr-fx1e-side-camera-ports.jpg

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @neuronetv,

thank you for uploading the image.

The first one is a S-Video output - it delivers high quality digital video out (SD) but no audio.

The second one is a proprietary port for a component-cable (presumably the one you found for 75 pounds), yet if you are lucky, there should be third party cables for WAAAAY cheaper.

The third one is a 3.5mm composite TRRS port which would be the easiest solution to use to get to a component output. Such a cable costs between 4 and 20 pounds, yet the order of the contacts can vary from cable to cable, since they are not standardized. Meaning it could be that you would need to plug the white audio cable into the yellow video in on your adapter for example.

3.5mm TRRS to Composite video &Chinch: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075NZ3VN3/

Back to your original question - yes, there are little adapters, which can convert component into a HDMI signal, yet they are always actively powered and not usable on the go (if you e.g. want to use a HDMI-field-monitor on your camera you would need to power the adapter in some way).

Composite video to HDMI adapter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K7HYLOQ/

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
neuronetv
New

thanks I already have cables for the s-video and av ports, it's the component socket in the middle thats giving me trouble. Sony are real funny about thair pinout configs and most cheaper cables I've seen have (what looks like) a different component plug.