Join now - be part of our community!

FDR-AX33: Recording at "cinematic" 24fps

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

FDR-AX33: Recording at "cinematic" 24fps

Hallo everyone,

I have one question.

My FDR-AX33 can record at 24fps, this is what we call "cinematic feel". When I choose this function, all the other settings in menu (such as Format: AVCHD or XAVC S HD or XAVC S 4K , even bitrate) are not active to select.

What technical info does a 24fps cinematic video have?

When I choose this funtion in my camera, a message apears and suggests me to use a tripod. Why is it for?

John.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @ioagount,

according to the spec-sheet it should be possible to both select 100Mbps as bitrate as well as 60Mbps for 24p recordings.

EDIT: I just tested it on my FDR AX100, which uses the same menu structure as the FDR AX33 and can confirm my statement from earlier.

Note though that you have to format your memory-card in order to record in 24p if you had selected 25p before.

- Nic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @ioagount,

according to the spec-sheet it should be possible to both select 100Mbps as bitrate as well as 60Mbps for 24p recordings.

EDIT: I just tested it on my FDR AX100, which uses the same menu structure as the FDR AX33 and can confirm my statement from earlier.

Note though that you have to format your memory-card in order to record in 24p if you had selected 25p before.

- Nic