Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke NAS 50 HDE: Turning-off after setting is applied - wait forever

profile.country.de_DE.title
hrichert
Visitor

Giga Juke NAS 50 HDE: Turning-off after setting is applied - wait forever

Hi community!

I hope there is someone out which can give me a helpful hand:

My GigaJuke NAS-50 HDE doesn't start up again. Then it says: "Repairing...". After this i get the message "Turning-off after setting is applied". I waited for hours and nothing happend. I had to cut the cord. I tried again and again. It won't go further than showing that message...

My son, a linux-nerd, took the screwdriver and connected the harddisk to his computer. It has no physical errors. He copied an image to have a backup.

To study what exactly goes on upon the boot-process is not an easy job with eight partitions and several processes starting each other. He managed to go around the process "Repairing". Now the message "Turning-off..." comes instantly. But nevertheless: the machine won't go beyond that.

Has anybody an image of the 80 GB harddisk in delivery conditions that we could use?

Or is there another way to start a recovery-process?

Or any other idea how to go beyond that wall?

Any help or tip would be appreciated.

thanx in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
jaynecs
Visitor

i have this problem as well any help out there???????

profile.country.en_GB.title
04bige
Visitor

I've had a similar problem that started a week or so ago.

All of a sudden when I turn the system on at the wall my NAS-S55HDE system just stays on the Please Wait... Turning off when setting is applied message. I've tried leaving it overnight with no effect. Called Sony Support who where unhelpful.

Any advice?

Blacklegen
Explorer

i am having the same problems and need help 😞