Join now - be part of our community!

SRS- X77 with Google Cast

SOLVED

SRS- X77 with Google Cast

Has anyone had any success with Google cast and SRS-X77? I have bluetooth, Airplay, and playing music over WiFi using the songpal app working ok. With Google cast all devices (PC, Android, iPhone) see the SRS-X77 and attempt to cast to it but no sound ever emerges. When casting from iPlayer Radio the link light turned blue which looked encourageing, but no sound. Anybody got any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
chrcapal
Explorer

The iplayer radio cast feature is working today.

View solution in original post

Hooray. Yes it is working!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive had a quick look into this.  According to HERE, it may be because the volume is set low.  Try increasing the volume from the device itself (i.e Phone)

Cheerd

Thanks. Tried setting all volume controls to maximum but still no output.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this only happen with iPlayer radio or are other casting apps effected too?

I have now tried with Google Play Music and it works OK. I guess it must be a problem with specific apps. I'Il chase the iPlayer Support people. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your welcome :slight_smile:

If you dont mind, please post back on what BBC's response is.  Curious to know, and might be usful to others too.

Cheers

chrcapal
Explorer

I have the same issue. The iplayer radio cast function used to work, except the live stream would terminate after around 30mins.

The issue was a protocol issue and chromecast audio firmware was updated - the cast stream now cannot be processed by the X77. It does work on chromecast audio

i contacted the BBC Iplayer and got a generic response:

BBC iPlayer - Case number CAS-3765525-RCBZBM

Thanks for getting in touch; I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with casting to your Sony speaker. I hope it hasn’t been too frustrating.

There are a few things I’d suggest to hopefully help:

First of all try removing and then reinstalling the Chromecast app, then uninstall and reinstall the BBC iPlayer Radio app. This will make sure you have the newest versions which often contain bug fixes.

If this doesn’t help, you may want to contact Chromecast support directly, as they may be able to shed some light on the issues you’re getting:

chrcapal
Explorer

The x77 runs cast version 1.15.41128, whereas chromecast audio runs 1.18.55065

what are the odds of an x77 cast update.....

Hi

Thanks for the info. Google cast on my Android is V1.15.7. It works fine
with Google play music but fails with BBC iplayer radio.
chrcapal
Explorer

LG just updated their music flow range to cast version 1.18.x

I opened a support ticket to ask if Sony will be doing likewise.