Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S5500 Netflix stuttering

hplundin
New

BDP-S5500 Netflix stuttering

When streaming Netflix, moving objects stutter. When streaming on my TV with Netflix app, everything looks fine.

Have a good connection to Internet. Used to have a Samsung BluRay with no problems at all.

Suspect a problem with framerate in BluRay player, my TV can handle 24, 50 and 60 fps. When streaming Netflix, TV indicates 1080p 60 Hz from BluRay player.

When playing 3D/2D BD films there are no problems, TV indicates 24 Hz.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

First thing to do is see if there are any updates for the bluray player and then do a factory reset.

Next - What do you mean by good connection to internet?  goto speedtest.net - What speed are you getting?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Quite often it seems these kind of issues can be corrected by manually configuring your BD players network settings to use Googles Public DNS

Primary DNS 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

Another member asked this question the other day and although my unit is configured to use the above DNS settings I cannot for the life of me remember exactly how to do this. After an hour of tinkering I arrived at one possible solution and that might be to connect the player using a LAN connection to begin with and then make the above changes before reverting back to Wi-Fi.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14