Join now - be part of our community!

You Tube and BBC I-Player apps on Sony BDV-590 buffering.

perfectmask
Explorer

You Tube and BBC I-Player apps on Sony BDV-590 buffering.

I have a Sony BDV-N590 DVD system.  I select either tth You Tube app. or BBC I-Player which have both been working fine until now and all I get is the buffering circles in the middle of the screen. I have to switch the device off as it just gets stuck.  Tried factory reset and it makes no difference.

All other apps work fine and my other devices in the home are ok too.

Anyone else have this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you using wifi or a LAN cable to connect to your router?  If wifi, can you please connect a cable and change the network settings to reflect this - test and see how it goes.

Cheers

perfectmask
Explorer

Changed settings and connected via LAN cable.

Same problem as before some Apps work, but I-player and YouTube still buffering after selecting.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

It might be worth trying using Google's DNS settings, I used to have this problem myself occasionally before changing them. See my reply in this post for further information:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/problems-chromecasting-bbc-iplayer-ra...

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14