Join now - be part of our community!

BDV N7100W. HELP GUYS.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

BDV N7100W. HELP GUYS.

Hi guys, Could one of you experienced guys help me out please, Could I ask why, when I start up the YouTube app ( pre installed on my system ) there is a 20 second delay whilst playing content using my phone? My internet speed is fine and running at 60mps, so I am pretty sure that the problem is the player. If I decide to use the remote control ( for my system ) and play content from YouTube to my tv then I don't get this delay, but for some unknown reason when I try to use my phone I get this delay, I have tried different makes of phones ( off friends and family ) and still get the same results, has this unit run its course? The sound from the Blu-ray discs  is amazing and also through my speakers from my tv (KD-55XH9505 )  I would really appreciate any help or advice as I really don't want to part with it. Regards muvoda.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Hi @HannahEd01 thank you for your reply, the issue is the connection time, it should be instant, like it is with the systems remote control, I have a friend who has the exact same problem, I have rarely used the pre installed apps, but I have tried them and most of them are very glitchy, some of them say 'not connected to the internet' and iPlayer is really slow, I normally use the aforementioned apps on my tv. I was originally going to sell the system because I've just purchased a sound bar HT G700. Also I have also just found out that it will not play Blu-ray discs, only dvds so I cannot sell it like it is, I have had this system for several years now and I personally think it's past it's sell by date, I'm gutted because the sound is amazing, so I'm selling all the speakers as a lot, I'm afraid the main unit is kaput and I am not paying for it to be repaired, so I reckon with all that I have mentioned I think it's broken and I think that is why it takes 20 seconds to connect, so I really think it is something to do with the main unit. Regards muvoda.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi muvoda, so correct me if I'm wrong, the YouTube app works fine when using the app from the player, but you have an issue when you use your phone? If yes, how's that related to the player??

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Hi @HannahEd01 thank you for your reply, the issue is the connection time, it should be instant, like it is with the systems remote control, I have a friend who has the exact same problem, I have rarely used the pre installed apps, but I have tried them and most of them are very glitchy, some of them say 'not connected to the internet' and iPlayer is really slow, I normally use the aforementioned apps on my tv. I was originally going to sell the system because I've just purchased a sound bar HT G700. Also I have also just found out that it will not play Blu-ray discs, only dvds so I cannot sell it like it is, I have had this system for several years now and I personally think it's past it's sell by date, I'm gutted because the sound is amazing, so I'm selling all the speakers as a lot, I'm afraid the main unit is kaput and I am not paying for it to be repaired, so I reckon with all that I have mentioned I think it's broken and I think that is why it takes 20 seconds to connect, so I really think it is something to do with the main unit. Regards muvoda.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there, I think I still got you wrong, now I get it. The app is slow to start on the player, right? 

Try updating the player: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/sound-bars-home-theater-systems-blu-ray-home-theater-syst... 

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Hi @HannahEd01, I have the unit set for automatic updates and I am running the latest firmware thank you, but yes, the pre installed apps are absolutely rubbish, they are either running very 'claggy' and slow, or I'm getting a message from others that are pre installed ' not connected to the internet' when I know full well that I am, as for YouTube, well, if I connect from my phone to YouTube on my tv, it plays instantly, but if I connect to YouTube on my player then that is when I get the 20sec delay before it decides to play, I wouldn't mind if I could delete it and reinstall it, there are a few on my player that don't even interest me, I wish I could delete them as well and put what I want on there!! Also, I found out recently that it will not read/play Blu-ray discs, but DVDs work fine, I personally think it's all connected and cannot be arsed to have it repaired, it's a great system I don't understand why Sony didn't update these apps and delete the useless ones. Anyway thank you very much, I'll just carry on regardless (as the song says)🤞Regards muvoda.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi muvoda, I don't think there's much that can be done, it's an old model as well, so the app providers must have stopped supporting it. 

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Hi, yes I think you are right, it's such a shame because the sound is amazing, ohh well, I'm disappointed in Sony because you would expect it to last more than seven years, but hey ho! times change and everthing moves on, its such a shame that we live in a throw away society, Take care and thanks again, because you are the only one that has even bothered to reply. Regards muvoda.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi muvoda, I wish I could've helped more, it was a pleasure! 

Take care and stay safe you too!