Join now - be part of our community!

HeySony STR-DN1080 and sky Q no uhd

profile.country.GB.title
Dazza85
Explorer

HeySony STR-DN1080 and sky Q no uhd

Hey i have been trying to get my sky q to play 4k uhd & HDR content on my LG77Gx through  my DN1080. My Blu-ray player connected through the reciever works perfectly and the TV switches to the correct mode. My sky q will do so if connected directly to the TV but will not do so if passed through the reciever. I have put all settings to enhanced for hdmi and gone through all 4k settings leaving them on auto and tried changing them to no avail. My sky q box is set to 2160 10bit.

Please could someone help with this. As the TV is a gallery series the cabling has been run behind brick walls(during renovations) to allow for flush mount. 2 hdmi were run at time of install but one got the end broken, so only one is working. having the sky q direct to TV and optical to reciever is not an option for me as i only have one working hdmi and i am using it from TV to reciever which has all other items going into it and.worling well except for.sky q

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Have you tried to alter the settings of the Sky Q box?

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Dazza85
Explorer

Hi Betreff,

Thank you for your response. I have SkyQ box on 2160p and when I select "find it for me to find the correct settings for my TV" it chooses 10bit. So at the moment it is set to 2160p 10bit. When connected directly to my TV via HDMI it works perfectly in HDR UHD 4k when watching sky sports UHD, when recording UHD programmes (and playing back the content) and when watching Netflix via the SkyQ app. However with the same settings and going through the receiver 4k contrnt does not play.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Dazza85
Explorer

Hi Betreff, 

Thank you for your response. I have SkyQ box on 2160p and when I select "find it for me to find the correct settings for my TV" it chooses 10bit. So at the moment it is set to 2160p 10bit. When connected directly to my TV via HDMI it works perfectly in HDR UHD 4k when watching sky sports UHD, when recording UHD programmes (and playing back the content) and when watching Netflix via the SkyQ app. However with the same settings and going through the receiver 4k contrnt does not play. 

Thanks