Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT380 Sub dropping out

marksolesbury
Explorer

HT-CT380 Sub dropping out

Hi

I recently bought the above to replace a full surround system (Pioneer amp, 5 spearate speakers, and a cambrige audo active sub).

I am mightly impressed with this - its great, space saving compared to the old setup, and the sound is impressive.

It does have one issue though - the sub drops out occasionally - To get it to reconnect I have to power cycle the sub, not the main sound bar. Once this is done, it syncs back up and all is well.

Im guessing its a bug somewhere - can you update the firmware on these units a all?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its a wireless sub isnt it?  Do any of your devices connect via wifi using the 2.4Ghz band?  If so, try putting them on the 5Ghz one instead.  Also try changing the wireless channel in your router settings.

The firmware can be updated in the system menu in the settings of this system

Cheers

marksolesbury
Explorer

Yeah, its a wireless sub.

We have just moved into a new house, so dont have any wireless yet - infact, there is only 1 SSID being broadcast and thats from quite far away as the signal strength is poor.

Its on 2.033 at the moment - no idea if there is a later f/w.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok that theory is out :wink:

I guess the only thing really left is the distance between the sub and the soundbar.  Are you able to test (over a period of time - as you stated that it only happens occasionally) by moving the sub closer to the soundbar or if hidden a little, in line of sight of each other?

Cheers