Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 turning on TV when casting music from my phone

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MartinH
Explorer

HT-ZF9 turning on TV when casting music from my phone

Hi all, I've had my HT-ZF9 for over 2 years now and have always enjoyed the ability to cast music from my phone (typically DAB radio stations), to the soundbar. 

My HT-ZF9 is connected to a Samsung TV via HDMI & whenever I cast music from my phone, it has always been just the soundbar that turns on. That was until yesterday. 

I've purchased a new set of Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones & went in to the Bluetooth settings on the soundbar to pair them, which is fine. However, I must have accidentally changed some other setting, as now, when I cast music from my phone to the HT-ZF9, in addition to the soundbar turning on, the TV does too.

I've looked back through the settings but can't seem to figure out what I've changed. 

I want to go back to how I had this set up, as in no TV turning on when I simply cast music from my phone. 

Any ideas how to correct this? 

TIA for any responses 👍

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If your TV didn't turn on when you turned on the Soundbar, then you may have turned on Control for HDMI (BRAVIA Sync in Sonys).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If your TV didn't turn on when you turned on the Soundbar, then you may have turned on Control for HDMI (BRAVIA Sync in Sonys).
profile.country.GB.title
MartinH
Explorer

Will give this a go. Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
MartinH
Explorer

Thank you for your advice. You were 100% correct & this has solved the issue. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I'm very happy to hear that, have a good day and happy new Year...
profile.country.GB.title
MartinH
Explorer

Happy New Year to you too!