Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HT-X8500 loud effects / music with low dialogue

profile.country.GB.title
MaccaJim
Explorer

Soundbar HT-X8500 loud effects / music with low dialogue

Please can someone help me, after many attempts contacting Sony support who appear to have a callcentre on the far side of the moon. 

The issue with my soundbar is that I have is when a bluray disc is played & connected to soundbar via HDMI. The music / action sequences are loud so I turn down volume but then when dialogue is spoken I've to turn up & so on throughout film. I've tried night mode, dts dialog, voice ( instructions aren't clear how I utilise these settings - just press buttons?) Do I press a button then lower / raise volume? I've turned off Vertical Sound / turned it on, tried news setting......exhausting. Spoke to Currys & again a callcentre near the moon who told me to return to shop as they clearly had no knowledge despite being a tech support department.

Any hints / tips would be most appreciated before I throw a £300 soundbar in bin & live with tv speakers.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@MaccaJim 

I have replied to your other posting about this, which has rather better information about the issue from you.

But please don’t post the same issue twice, as this can split any replies that you might get, and cause endless confusion 😢

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…