Join now - be part of our community!

TV TO SOUNDBAR.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

TV TO SOUNDBAR.

Hi all, just a quick question, can I add a soundbar mount to my already tv mount that is attached to a strong wooden tv stand and put my HT G700 soundbar under my tv? Because, at the back of the soundbar it only has 2 keyhole shaped hangers instead of inbuilt fixing holes, I'm only asking because of the weight of the soundbar, would the keyhole hangers support the weight of it, even if it has got to hang on 2 screws? Also, I have connected the soundbar and tv through eArc, but I do also have Bluetooth compatibility on both, so if I decided to go down that route and connect through Bluetooth does this affect the sound quality? or would you advise to leave them both connected to eArc. Regards muvoda.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Ha ha, tell her for sure, 👍 Thanks again for all your input, take care. Regards muvoda.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@muvoda 

Without knowing what TV you have, it’s impossible to tell the current loading on the TV stand 😢

But you will be adding another 3.5kgs to that.

Clear guidelines on wall mounting the soundbar can be found on page 13 of the Operating Instructions supplied with your soundbar. Have you looked at this page at all? It tells you what size and type of screws to use, and how proud to leave them for mounting.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/5013/a7331a2ac21272c9e0b1630905e8439c/50130591M...

As the soundbar uses eARC, use that in preference to Bluetooth; the sound will be superior, and your mounting arrangements will ensure you can fit, and hide, the HDMI cable required.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Hi @royabrown2 Thank you for your reply, I have read the soundbar manual and all it states is for a wall mounted one, attached is my TV stand which is quite substantial, the black circle at the bottom middle by the way is a glass floating shelf ( thought I'd point that out ) and my tv is a KD 55XG5095 or something like that, I'm at work so I can't have a look!! I really cannot see that if  I use the correct screws etc ( I have used the correct screws and spacers when I attached the tv. ) why a soundbar underneath my TV would not be viable, but if you say there might be too much weight then I will have to think of another way. Note... my soundbar is sitting on the floating glass shelf with a mind of its own! It occasionally turns slightly one way or the other due to not sitting on the shelf comfortably, anyway forget about that, as for Bluetooth, then thanks for letting me know, I will stick with eArc, also, why can't you buy TV's, surround systems and virtually anything these days without a choice of cabling ie Black and White, life would be so much better👍 Thanks again for your input. Regards muvoda.

20201124_195602.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@muvoda 

9505? That weighs 18 kg, so the soundbar is only another 20%, and you should be safe enough, looking at that picture.

Is that black bracket what the TV goes on, or is that where you are thinking of hanging the soundbar?  If it’s for the TV, you will likely need something like that for the soundbar, to get the spacing, and you may need to flatten another section of the stand for the bracket, so it sits in the plane of the TV, and doesn’t tend to swing forward and back. Then, for a frame, you will need bolts not screws, and a pair of nuts for each bolt, one behind the frame and one in front, which you can tighten against one another to grip the frame, and give you a stable length to hang the sound bar on.

Or maybe you just want to get a couple of sticky pads to anchor the soundbar to the floating glass shelf, so it doesn’t swing about 😛

As regards cable colours, Google for ‘white HDMI cables’ and separately for ‘black HDMI cables’. I think you might be surprised at the choice…. And you can replace ‘HDMI’ with Ethernet, mains, speaker, etc., with similar profitable results.

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Well, talk about the 'oracle' I think you are the chosen one!! Seriously tho, I did know about the white hdmi's etc, I was thinking along the lines of a white power lead off a black unit ie.. a tv or surround system etc or is that too out there? It's only for cosmetic reasons you understand, I'm fed up of seeing black cables everywhere (where's my plasticote white paint? Joke!) Ok, I'm at home now and my tv is XH9505 not XG, and I'm set up like the attached photo, so basically I can buy a soundbar frame that will attach to the back of my tv's frame like a pair of bent arms [> <] that would have to hang the soundbar on 2 bolts (secured obvs) 1 either end of the soundbar frame then hung onto the keyhole shaped holes at the back of the soundbar if you get my meaning? So I will be doing a bit more research to find out if this is at all a good/bad idea, I personally think it will work, but we will see. I will, in a few more weeks let you know what the outcome is ok. Thanks again muvoda

IMG20221013171228.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@muvoda 

16.8kg then.

My wife says she hopes you are going to dress those wires, of whatever colour, when it is all settled 😛

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Ha ha, tell her for sure, 👍 Thanks again for all your input, take care. Regards muvoda.