Join now - be part of our community!

Video & TV SideView - play music from WD MyCloud

tmustard
Explorer

Video & TV SideView - play music from WD MyCloud

I have a Sony STR DN1020 AV amp and would like to play music stored on my WD MyCloud hard drive.  I have the Video & TV SideView on my iPhone.  All seems to work ok as I can select a music track and send it to the DN1020.  The problem I have is that only the selected track plays in a continuous loop.  I have created a playlist which is recognised in the app but still only a single track is played.  

I am sure I must be missing something simple but can someone please tell me how to play a complete album or playlist?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you check if the DN1020 is on the latest firmware?  You should be on version 2.11

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-strdn1020-firmware-update-v211/STR-D...

Cheers

tmustard
Explorer

Yes, it is on firmware 2.11.

Thanks

Captain_WD
Explorer

Hey there tmusard,

Are there options to create a playlist? Maybe there are some settings that you need to configure so the device is playing all the songs starting from the selected one instead of simply repeating it.

Are you casing any issues opening files from the WD My Cloud device? If yes, I would recommend checking its settings and running the built-in diagnostic tools from the browser dashboard.

Post back if you have questions!

Captain_WD.

tmustard
Explorer

I created playlists in iTunes and then exported, modified paths and loaded them onto the WD My Cloud drive and then the Video & TV SideView app recognises them.  

I am sure you are correct in that there must be a setting somewhere to allow playback of all tracks but I have not found it yet.  I am unsure if the settings should be on the STR-DN1020 or on the Video & TV SideView app but I have not been able to find them on either.

I am not having any problems with the WD My Cloud drive.

Thanks for your support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just replying back to see if you've figured it out or not?

Cheers

tmustard
Explorer

Thanks for your interest.  Unfortunately I have not made any progress.

Captain_WD
Explorer

Hey from me too. I'm sorry to hear the problem is still there. As a last resort you may try doing a factory reset on both the amp, the cloud or try another phone and see if the problem is still there.

Captain_WD.