Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S6700 - DVDs Never Stop Spinning

profile.country.en_GB.title
stumpybloke
New

BDP-S6700 - DVDs Never Stop Spinning

Hi.  As per the subject my new BDP-S6700 bluray player never stops spinning discs (for example when on the main Sony home screen) except when checking for firmware. This is the second unit to do this.  It's fully updated too.

Anyone else? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Does the disc spinning occur immediately after inserting a disc or does it continue spinning after playback has finished? Disc spinning on first insertion is normal however if the disc spins continuously after playback stops it is not normal. 

Do you have the Gracenote feature enabled in the SETUP menu? Try disabling it and see if that helps. Gracenote as you might already know retrieves disc information such as cover thumbnail and film title from the network, it could be that Gracenote is failing to retrieve this information causing the discs to spin continuously. 

Other causes could be dirty / dusty discs, or grease from fingers in the centre hole which prevents the disc from loading properly.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
stumpybloke
New

Hi. Thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay.

It's nothing to do with the discs being dirty as they play absolutely fine. The problem is that they just never stop spinning... Before or after watching them. I've turned off and on the Gracenote settings but to no effect.  As I've mentioned previously, this is the second of these units that does this. Therefore I know it's not an individual fault.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sorry to hear that, ordinarily I might be shocked for two devices to exhibit the same fault but I've been helping a guy on the US forums who's had 5 faulty devices from Sony in a row. They've just sent him a sixth replacement under warranty. Something tells me that Sony's Quality Control just doesn't do a very good job!

Are you able to return it to the store where purchased and buy a different make / model?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
stumpybloke
New

Hi again. I went for this unit due to its compact size.  I haven't bothered speaking to my supplier yet as its really not a big deal but I will mention it to them in due course. I'm guessing and hoping it will be sorted via a firmware update.  Thanks for your help :slight_smile: