Join now - be part of our community!

Main Microphone issue!!! [SOLVED]

SOLVED
AnDY2
Visitor

Main Microphone issue!!! [SOLVED]

Hey Guys,

Any one experiencing any sort of problem with your main microphone, because of which the other person may not be able to hear you????

Even after testing the hardware with *#*#7378423#*#* the mic remains non-responsive.

And this has happened suddenly.

Any one who can provide solutions?????

Thanking ya all.

AnDy

Message was edited by: AnDY

39 REPLIES 39
Bustphone
Visitor

Well it's not just me then! Z5 microphone not working no one hears me I can hear them have to use it on hands free tried everything mentioned on here ,got to be software related .

FrogInCraft
Visitor

Hey
I get the same problem and need to restart my phone for the mic to start working again. I don't use live wallpaper
Any other solutions?
Thanks

FrogInCraft
Visitor

I don't have liveware or smartconnect installed either...
M227
Visitor

Sir i trying this but not working my main microphone in D2302
Kay2017
Visitor

I have the same problem and have tried the following;

1.replacing the live wallpaper with my picture. This doesnt work and the pic get repalaced automatically by live wallpaper 

2.Force stopping the live wall paper. Get active automatically after a minute or so

3. marking/unmarking the microphone noise suppression

4. changing mic sensitivity to low and medium from auto

5.putting off/on  x-reality for mobile

6.Factory reset

7.Turned off & on"OK Google" detection

This is on Xperia z3.

Is there anything am missing or a specific way to go about it as i am able to record and the microphone vice testing is working well just during calls that no one can hear me on the other end but i can hear them loud and clear.

Please help before i send this phone back which will be painfull because i love it

himanshu2
Visitor

sir  i try this

Thunderstrike14
Visitor

Same problem here i have run diagonise through Pc companion and i have reset the mobile complete and i removed live wallpaper 
The problem arises in Camera mode too , when ever i record a video clip the audio containing in video was static too high and there is no voice which  i recorded 
Though the problem arises when i make a call there is no voice, just a static so the other cant here my voice 
so i decided to visit service center they changed the Mic first and problem arises same and i consulted to service center they told me to change mic board costs 2200/- and after all i have changed that too 
Since the problem  arises same as before 
I check hardware and software problms everything was fine but still static 
I even checked through SOUND RECORDER application through my service provider has some frequency problem . The sound recorder records a audio file with full static 
I connected with headsets same static and bluetooth headset same problem

Today i freaked out at service center for SOLUTION , now they are saying to change mother board 
Can some show me some solution 
From 8 months im using this mobile as a camera and social networking chatting 

LoobyLou1
Visitor

Sony experia 5 - hen someone calls me I can hear them but they can't hear me. Have spent hours tryign everything possible. 

sonysadman
Visitor

Compact Z5.  9 moths old.  Playback through headphones stopped working properly after a few months.  Now the microphone doesn't work.  Totally useless.  None of the suggested fixes work for me for either the headphones or the microphone.

I have rebooted my 4 year old Samsung S7 and it's working fine.  I'll never buy Sony again

Satmanuk
Visitor

Did you ever get this resolved as I've an xperia 5 and the microphone stopped working and has been like this for a week now, maybe more.. 

I have done the service test on microphone and even there it does not work but the 2nd microphone is working, just not the main one. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Best Regards 

Sat 

Tags (1)