Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Dark Shadow on Screen

profile.country.GB.title
rgee66
New

Sony Bravia Dark Shadow on Screen

Hello I have a Sony Bravia 40inch LCD, which is little more than a couple of years old.  Now when I switch it on there is a dark shadow on the left of the screen which pretty much obscures the whole picture on that side.  There is also a horizontal line that is two thirds of the way up the screen.  After the TV has been on for 5 minutes or so the shadow flickers and reduces size just taking up the middle of the screen, before eventually disappearing altogether.  Then we are able to watch it, but I'm concerned that the problem will just get worse until it's unwatchable?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?
Unfortunately, I can't find the receipt and I'm not sure where I bought the TV, I know that it was online.  No doubt it is out of warranty, but surely Sony have some responsibility to ensure that built in obsolescence doesn't kick in until at least 5 years?
Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

We do not know from You is it a same when TV is connected to DVD player, or just on DVB-T or C chanals and model, but I will hit factory reset and ask first for update if needed. If all that not help, than contact authorised service Sony.

Good luck

Damac

sian27cal
New

I have a dark shadow on the top half of my screen, Sony Bravia, is there any way I can get rid of it?.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

For something like your problem, its easier if you could post a photo of what it looks like.  However, this type of thing is normally a hardware issue (if its the problem im thinking of).

Cheers

gagoo1
New

There are dark shadows on the screen-very noticeable when there is a night scene. Is this fixable?

profile.country.GB.title
Lance1234
New

15278483767911972769187.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
baybrze
New

What came of this? I'm having this same exact issue.